FIPPA has two main principles:
- Access to Information; and
FIPPA recognizes the College need to collect personal information to carry out its mandate. Confederation College will collect personal information that relates directly to, and is necessary for, operating the programs and administrative activities of the College.
The College is required to collect personal information in accordance with the rules set out under FIPPA. We must ensure that privacy interests of applicants, students, and employees are not compromised by putting into place departmental procedures to ensure our obligations under FIPPA are met.
Use of Personal Information
The College must use personal information only for the stated purpose for which it was collected; or for a consistent purpose.
Disclosure of Collecting Personal Information
The College must inform an individual when collecting personal information, why the information is being collected; and if it will be shared and with whom.
Care and Control of Information – General Guideline
- Collect/record only information you need;
- Be objective and factual in what you record. Avoid recording unsubstantiated or subjective comments; and
- Mark records containing information requiring protection as CONFIDENTIAL and treat accordingly.
The privacy officer has primary responsibility for administering FIPPA. Formal requests under FIPPA must be directed to the Privacy Officer:
Don Duclos, Registrar
Phone: (807) 475-6694
Health Centre Related Request
Rae Lyn Loroff, Health Services Assistant
Phone: (807) 475-6169
All Other Request and/or Inquires
Jeannine Verdenik, Director, Human Resources
Phone: (807) 475-6267
Please review privacy policies that are located on the Confederation College website under the Freedom of Information Department webpage:
- Collection of Personal Information Policy - coming soon
- Use, Access, and Disclosure of Personal Information - Coming Soon; and
- Records Retention … (see Section 1-4-04)