Thunder Bay Campus Overview
Our main campus is situated on 173 acres of park-like property located right in the heart of the city of Thunder Bay, Northwestern Ontario, Canada. Our beautifully treed grounds, shallow, twisting river and network of walking paths provide a unique, country-like setting for an educational institution. Ample parking is located close to all buildings and the campus is serviced frequently by city bus routes.
The campus buildings (as indicated on the campus map) consist of:
- Shuniah Building - Business, Community Services, Health, Hospitality & Tourism, Indigenous, Media Arts, Protective Services and Preparatory Studies programs. This main building is also home to Student Services, Student Union, College Administration and Health Centre.
- McIntyre Building & TEC Hub – Engineering Technology programs
- Dorion Building – Skilled Trades programs
- Sibley Hall – Northwest Employment Works (NEW)
- SUCCI Wellness Centre (Minowaadiziiwin)
- Residence – 2 styles of on-campus living accommodation for students
- Aviation Centre of Excellence (ACE): houses our Aviation programs, located at the Thunder Bay International Airport (a 10-minute drive south on the Thunder Bay Expressway).
- The Thunder Bay Art Gallery is also situated right on campus.
Confederation College is proud to have seven regional campuses located throughout northwestern Ontario, in addition to our main campus in Thunder Bay. To learn more about each location and the specific programming available, please visit their respective pages using the navigation on this page.
We also have a Distance Education arm for individuals seeking online-only learning options.
Virtual Tour and Campus Map
Experience our campus from the comfort of your home! Click here to start your virtual tour.
Need to find your way around? Check out our interactive campus map.
Confederation College Shuniah Building at Thunder Bay
Shuniah Campus at Thunder Bay
McIntyre/Tec Hub Atrium
Active Transportation path/bridge