Parking Services 2023-2024
Log into the My Campus Portal with your College account and select the Parking icon.
- From the Banner Main Menu, select the Parking tab (if not already there), and the New Parking Pass button.
- Choose the type of permit you wish to purchase, provide your vehicle license plate number, and click on the box agreeing to abide by College Parking Regulations.
- Pay for your parking pass with one of the following methods. These options are available as selection buttons at the bottom of the screen. Your receipt will be sent to your College e-mail account.
- Online in Banner with your credit card.
- In person at Facilities Services (Shuniah B106).
- Online using payroll deduction in Banner (for College employees only).
- Special permit locations are in effect during Orientation activities. Note that at these special locations, only prepaid and online credit card payment options are available.
- Student Lounge September 5th -6th, 2023 from 9am to 3pm
- Pick up your parking pass at Facilities Services (Shuniah B106) during all other times.
All the costs of operating our parking lots (snow clearing, painting, lighting, repairs, etc.) are shared by those who park on our property. We fund everything through the sale of parking permits and the collection of parking meter revenue.
- All vehicles parked on College property require a valid parking permit – either a day pass purchased at an entry dispenser, a longer-term permit, or “money in the meter.” Parking permits are required at all times while parked on College property from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Long-term parking permits can be ordered and purchased online. Log in to the My Campus Portal and click on the Parking icon (located in the left menu). More detailed instructions and options are below.
- Parking permits will not be sold to anyone with outstanding parking tickets. Check your ticket history by signing in to the My Campus Portal and clicking on the Parking icon. Tickets can be paid online through your SSB Banner account using a credit card.
- There are only two classes of generally available parking permits: Blue for parking spots with winter electrical plug-in service, and Green for all other parking.
- Parking rates are posted on page 16 of the Traffic and Parking Regulations and in the online ordering application.
- Vehicles with more than 2 unpaid outstanding parking tickets are subject to being towed from College parking lots at any time.
- Failure to pay traffic or parking fines within the time specified on the face of the ticket may result in the placement of an encumbrance/hold on the operator and/or owner’s student or employee account.
If you have any questions regarding parking, don’t hesitate to get in touch with [email protected]
Other Parking Information
- Apprentices are not required to apply online. Instead, come to Facilities Services (Shuniah B106)
- Parking lot site plan
- Traffic and Parking Regulations
Are you trying to make your parking dollars stretch further?
We have a few suggestions to get the best value:
- Only on Campus Occasionally? Try a Smart Card!
Smart cards save you more than 20% on the cost of a single-day permit.
- On Campus for the Day? Day permits are the best value.
For more information regarding Parking Day Passes
Barrier-free parking on campus. There are barrier-free parking spaces located in most parking lots on campus. To park in a non-metered, barrier-free space, you’ll need a green Confederation College parking permit and either a Ministry of Transportation Accessible Parking Pass or a College Special Parking Pass.
To park at a barrier-free metered parking space, you’ll need to have money in the meter and an MTO Accessible Parking Pass or a College Special Parking Pass.
Where can I park? Navigating the campus. Green pass holders can park in any green parking lot. Blue pass holders can park in the blue lot and any green lot. Red pass holders can park in Wellness Center Parking Lot A and green lots. Some reserved parking locations on campus require specific passes ( Child Care Centre, Northwest Innovation Center, etc.)
Yes, we issue parking tickets. Because we expect everyone who shares the use of our parking lots to pay their share, we issue parking tickets to vehicles that are not in compliance with the parking permit and meter requirements of our Traffic and Parking Regulations.
We also issue parking tickets for other reasons. For example, if you park on the lawn or you park on a pedestrian crosswalk.
Authorized use. Permit-holders are not allowed to re-sell, loan or transfer their permits to anyone else for any reason. Permits are exclusive to the individual named in the application only. Vehicles with fraudulent parking passes will result in immediate towing from campus.
We’re happy to discuss your parking concerns. If you get a parking ticket and you don’t understand why you received it, please email your concern to [email protected], and we can schedule an appointment for discussion.
Towing can be very costly, as you’ll need to pay your parking tickets, pay the towing company, and obtain a parking permit to continue parking on campus. It’s best to come in and discuss your parking tickets with us rather than ignoring them.