Recruit on Campus
EMPLOYER IN THE HOUSE
This event can be a great opportunity for your business, large or small to meet and build a mutually rewarding relationship with students that are planning ahead for a work placement or co-op work term.
- We will set you up in a high traffic location – in proximity to the postsecondary program/s you wish to recruit from
- No fees attached
- Booth bookings can occur Monday through Thursday between the hours of 8:30 to 3:30 p.m. Duration of stay is up to you!
- Table, chairs and parking permit provided
EMPLOYER INFORMATION SESSION
For classroom presentations our professional staff will work with faculty and program coordinators (in those programs you wish to recruit from) to arrange this.
- Booth set-up and a classroom presentation available Wednesday's with 10:00 to 12:20 booth set-up, followed with a 50-minute classroom presentation 12:30 to 1:20 p.m.
- No fees attached
- Audio/visual equipment available
- Parking permit provided
PRIVATE CAREER & JOB FAIRS
Student Career Services can partner with Northwest Employment Works (NEW) to host private career/job fairs for our employer partners. These program/industry specific fairs can help support your recruiting needs, while supporting our graduates, alumni and community jobseekers gain meaningful employment – all free of charge!
Our staff can provide a variety of services – for example:
- Pre-screening of candidates
- Collecting resumes and cover letters
- Providing breakout rooms for 1:1 interviews/chats for the HR/Hiring Managers and candidates
- We also will track the total amount of attendees and will compile it and provide to you (this helps with follow up of candidates)
We will help market the fair by:
- General communication to the student body (posting on student news, promotion to the Student Union and student leaders, promotion on the digital display monitors across campus buildings)
- Program specific communication – targeted email to program groups and upcoming graduates
- Faculty communication ensuring all students and upcoming graduates are aware of the fair
- Information to work placement and co-op students
- Work with Northwest Employment Works to target community jobseekers and clients in their employment programs