You are here

Transfer Credits (RPL)

Applying for Transfer Credits

Transfer credits are awarded on a course-by-course basis to students applying to or enrolled in Confederation College programs who have earned academic credits outside of Confederation College.

Credit is only granted for courses taken at other institutions with a grade of 60% (“C”) or higher.

Requests for transfer credits should be submitted at least 4 months in advance of web registration to allow time for assessment. Fall term requests should be initiated by May 1st and Winter term requests should be initiated by November 1st. Requests received later than May 1st and November 1st will be subject to available resources. Students who are currently enrolled in a course who wish to apply for a transfer credit must do so prior to the semester deadline date for course withdrawals (see Academic Dates Calendar for specific date).

Exemptions for courses completed in high school for an articulated Confederation College program are processed at no charge. Secondary school Guidance Offices will have information on these formal agreements.

This process is not intended to be used for internal (Confederation College) course equivalencies. For information on this, please speak with your Program Coordinator or contact the Admissions department  at or (807) 475-6213.

Transfer Credit Process