Bomb Threats (SAFE Campus)
When a bomb, or similar threat, is received by phone:
- Listen, remaining calm and courteous.
- Do not interrupt the caller.
- Obtain and record as much information as you can: use the Bomb Threat Checklist.
- If possible, notify Campus Security by pre-arranged signal through a supervisor or colleague, while the caller is on the line.
- In all cases, call 922 immediately after you receive the call.
When a bomb, or similar threat, is received by note, fax, text or e-mail:
- Do not handle a physical note: leave it where it was found.
- Do not delete the e-mail, text or electronic message. If it is possible, print and save a copy of the message.
- Call Security immediately at 922.
HOT TIP: In responding to a bomb threat, it may be necessary to evacuate the building. In such cases, you will be advised to do so by public announcement.
HOT TIP: In responding to a bomb threat, it may be necessary to search the College. In addition to a search of public areas conducted by volunteer search teams, individuals may be requested to check their personal workspaces (e.g. offices, etc.) to identify items that do not belong. You will be advised to conduct a search of your personal work area by public announcement.