I am a student who needs note taking
Students who require note taking assistance must register with Student Accessibility Services and have a current Accommodation Plan (AP) in place. To learn how to register, click the link below.
If your Accommodation Plan allows for “access to course content,” we ask that you:
- discuss with your Accessibility Strategist all options of note-taking assistance that may be available to you: peer note taker or classroom recording.
- complete a Note Takee Application Form with your Accessibility Strategist
If you require a peer note taker:
- You and your note taker must meet with the Tutoring Officer to review procedures regarding note taking
- As an accommodation, students may be allowed to record lectures using a digital recorder, laptop, or other device and software. (Glean)
- The student must sign the Recording Device Policy Agreement before recording any lecture
- A copy of the signed Recording Device Policy Agreement will be forwarded to instructors.
To ensure the continuation of Note Taking services, you must:
- attend classes regularly upon required
- check your college email regularly for messages from your Accessibility Strategist, the Tutoring Officer and/or the Note taker
- complete and submit a new Note Takee Application Form at the start of each semester