Withdrawal Process & Refund Policy (Registration Services)

Program Withdrawal

In accordance with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, students must submit a withdrawal form to officially withdraw from the College. You are NOT officially withdrawn if you simply do not show up for classes or if you verbally notify your Instructor, Registration Services, Counselors or any College staff.

Before you decide to withdraw from your full time program please discuss your options with your Program Coordinator or a Student Success Advisor. 

Our Withdrawal Policy is as follows:

  • A formal program withdrawal form is required by full-time students considering withdrawal from the college.
  • The effective date of withdrawal is the date the official Withdrawal Form is dated and signed by the program coordinator / designate or Student Services.
  • To withdraw officially from any program without academic penalty, a student must complete the withdrawal form  by specified dates as published in the Academic Dates Calendar.
  • Withdrawals after the academic penalty deadline dates are not recommended. A grade of zero will be assigned to all registered courses at the time of withdrawal.
  • A properly completed, dated and signed Withdrawal Form will be the only item used to determine allowable tuition fee refunds for full-time students.
  • Withdrawals after deadlines may be considered in exceptional circumstance. Please use the 'Request for Exceptional Withdrawal/Refund Review Form'.

For further information please review the formal Withdrawal Procedure Policy.

Academic Penalty for Full-Time Student

If you officially withdraw from the College after the “last day to withdraw without academic penalty” as listed in the Calendar of Events, an “F” grade will be recorded on your transcript. Receiving an "F" grade may permanently affect your GPA.

Refund for Full time student

If you officially withdraw in writing within the first 10 days of the start of the semester, as posted in the Calendar of Events, you may be eligible for a refund of the following:

  • Fees paid for that term, less $500 non-refundable deposit
  • Fees paid in advance for subsequent terms

If you officially withdraw in writing after 10 days of the start of the semester, you will be refunded the fees paid in advance for subsequent terms only.

If you owe an outstanding debt to Confederation College, the College reserves the right to retain the amount owing.

If you are receiving financial assistance through the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) or a third party funding agency, applicable refunds may be forwarded directly to OSAP or the funding agency.

If you are receiving OSAP funding and you are withdrawing from a full time program, it is important that you visit the Financial Aid website for full details on your obligations.

*In exceptional circumstance a partial refund may be considered after the 10 day deadline. Please visit www.confederationcollege.ca/academic-policies and fill in the "Request for Exceptional Withdrawal/Refund Review Form" and submit to The Information Hub, regional campus or [email protected] for Distance Education students.