Confederation College and its healthcare partners are offering a ‘Living Classroom’ delivery for the Personal Support Worker (PSW) one-year certificate program. Applications are currently being accepted for fall 2018 at our Dryden and Lake of the Woods (Kenora) campuses.
PSWs are healthcare providers who assist persons with the tasks of daily living such as home management, personal care, family responsibilities and social and recreational activities.
Living Classroom Highlights
- Innovative curriculum delivery model combining classroom and real-life experiences
- Students study on-site at healthcare facilities and immediately apply theory learned in the classroom by practicing skills in the healthcare setting
- Inter-professional, interactive learning environment
- Possible opportunities to gain meaningful part-time employment when not fulfilling program requirements
- Options for tuition assistance - interest-free loans may be available for students
- Meets all guidelines set by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
This delivery model is offered at our Dryden and Lake of the Woods (Kenora) campuses. For more information and to apply, please contact the appropriate campus:
Phone: (807) 223-3035
Lake of the Woods (Kenora):
Phone: (807) 468-3121