Start Dates & Ontario Colleges Program Codes:
Fall Start (September): 0249
Winter Start (January): 0239
Distance Education: 0690
A Great Place to Start Your Business Education
You’ve been told you have a mind for business, but what kind of business will that be? Find out what interests you most with Confederation College’s Business Fundamentals one-year certificate program.
This program is ideal for business-minded students who are not quite sure what area of business they want to study in. You will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of business with courses such as computer applications and business communications, as well as introductory courses in accounting, human resources and marketing.
- One-year program allows you to enter the workforce faster
- Touches upon all areas of business to help you find your niche
- Provides the pathway to our two-year diploma programs in Marketing, Human Resources or Accounting
- Learn skills for an administration career as well
Program Learning Outcomes
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- identify factors that have an impact on an organization’s business opportunities.
- explain the impact of corporate sustainability, corporate social responsibility and ethics on an organization’s business initiatives.
- use current technologies to support an organization's business initiatives.
- apply basic research skills to support business decision making.
- perform basic accounting procedures and financial calculations to support the operations of an organization.
- describe marketing and sales concepts used to support the operations of an organization.
- develop strategies for ongoing personal and professional development to enhance work performance.
- outline the functional areas of a business and their inter-relationships.
Completion of the Business Fundamentals program may help you find a job in several entry-level positions including sales, general administration and customer service. However, it is more of a stepping stone to other educational opportunities including Confederation College’s two-year and three-year diploma programs in business.
Explore careers, current wages, employment stats, job postings, and associated education & training.