Start Dates & Ontario Colleges Program Codes:
Fall Start (September): 0209
Winter Start (January): 0238
A Career with Measurable Results!
Ever wonder what it takes to get people to buy a particular product or service? Have you imagined building a company brand from the ground up? If you’ve got a way with words, images, people and planning, and are plugged into what’s ‘now’, you have the right ingredients for a successful and stimulating career in marketing.
Confederation College’s Business – Marketing two-year diploma program places emphasis on learning key skills as well as developing a business work ethic that will assist you in getting ready to enter this exciting field. Marketing is all about analyzing customer needs and wants and building customer relationships. You will build on your existing strengths and learn how to communicate effectively, conduct market research and analyze those results to make strategic decisions. As a marketing student, you will develop your ability to work as a member of a team, as well as strengthen your research and creative problem solving skills. Courses cover a variety of topics including advertising, advanced marketing, marketing research
- Continue on to our 3rd year Business Administration - Marketing Diploma where we offer a 15 week work placement opportunity.
- Helps you prepare for your advanced credit towards the Registered Professional Marketer (RPM) designation with the Canadian Institute of Marketing
- Continue on to a university degree through articulation agreements
Program Learning Outcomes
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- contribute to the development of a marketing plan that will meet the needs or goals of a business or organization.
- contribute to the development of an integrated marketing communication plan of a product, concept, good, and/or service based on an identified market need or target.
- contribute to the development of new and/or modified marketing concepts, products, goods, and/or services that respond to market needs.
- contribute to the development of strategies for the efficient and effective placement/distribution of a product, good, and/or service to respond to an evolving market.
- contribute to the development of strategies related to pricing for a product, good and/or service.
- analyze the viability of a concept, product, good, and/or service in local, national or global markets.
- participate in conducting market research to provide information needed to make marketing decisions.
- communicate marketing information persuasively and accurately, in oral, written, graphic and interactive media formats.
- plan, prepare and deliver a sales presentation or pitch to address the needs of the client.
- develop strategies with clients, customers, consumers, co-workers, supervisors, and others to maintain and grow working relationships.
- develop learning and development strategies to enhance professional growth in the field.
- apply entrepreneurial strategies to identify and respond to new career opportunities that might include contract employment, and self-employment initiatives.
- operate within a framework of organizational policies and practices, when conducting business of the organization.
Graduates of Business - Marketing can find employment opportunities in marketing, communications, advertising, public relations, market research, social media marketing, event planning, digital online marketing, blogging, merchandising, customer service relations and more.
Explore careers, current wages, employment stats, job postings, and associated education & training.
Looking to start your own business?
Check out the self-help resources in our Biz Centre Online area ...