Start Dates & Ontario Colleges Program Codes:
Fall Start (September): 0207
Winter Start (January): 0237
NOTE: this program is also available via Distance Education ...
Get a Well-Rounded Business Education
Confederation College’s Business program is a two-year Ontario College Diploma program for students who want a comprehensive education in all areas of business.
You will study finance, entrepreneurship, marketing, accounting, human resources, and organizational behaviour to give you a broad understanding of these key areas. This program will help you prepare for a wide range of job opportunities in business, giving you a solid foundation to build your career.
Most importantly, the Business program gives you options. This program has a common first year with the Accounting, Human Resources, and Marketing programs, allowing you to transfer to one of these programs after the first year if you choose.
- Touches upon all areas of business to help you find what interests you most
- Gives you a well-rounded business education to prepare you for a wide variety of business careers
- Allows you to transfer to Accounting, Human Resources, or Marketing after your first year
- Receive your Business Fundamentals Certificate after your first year
Program Learning Outcomes
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- identify and discuss the impact of global issues on an organization’s business opportunities by using an environmental scan.
- apply principles of corporate sustainability, corporate social responsibility and ethics to support an organization’s business initiatives.
- use current concepts/systems and technologies to support an organization's business initiatives.
- apply basic research skills to support business decision making.
- support the planning, implementation and monitoring of projects.
- perform work in compliance with relevant statutes, regulations and business practices.
- explain the role of the human resource function and its impact on an organization.
- use accounting and financial principles to support the operations of an organization.
- describe and apply marketing and sales concepts used to support the operations of an organization.
- outline principles of supply chain management and operations management.
- outline and assess the components of a business plan.
- develop strategies for ongoing personal and professional development to enhance work performance in the business field.
Completion of the Business program may help you build a career in many different areas including retail sales, wholesale/commercial sales, general administration, business management, retail trade, and customer service, and give you a competitive advantage over those who do not have a formal business education. You could work in a wide variety of industries including retail, B2B, resource sector (mining, forestry, transportation, energy, etc.), government, banking, and non-profit. This program will also give you a solid basis to help you launch your own business or entrepreneurial venture.