Book Deferral Policy
- Only registered students who are in receipt of OSAP funding or funding through Second
Career/Ontario Skills Development may apply for a book deferral.
- Book deferrals are approved through the Financial Aid Office.
- The book deferral can be used to purchase books/supplies at the Follett Bookstore, Thunder
Bay campus or College Bookstore at a regional college campus
- Once approved, the student will give the second copy of the book deferral to the bookstore
who will provide credit for the amount of books/supplies charged.
- The bookstore will invoice the college for the full amount charged and these charges will be
posted to the student’s account within 5 weeks of the start of the semester.
- Within 8 weeks of the start of the semester, the student is to pay in full the amount charged
plus the administration fee of $15.00. This can be done through the college cashier or via an
on- line payment to the students college account.
- Failure to make payment in full may result in the following:
- removal from class/program/Residence;
- take any remedies, authorized by law to obtain payment;
- refuse admission and/or registration;
- withhold College documents (Certificate/Diploma/Academic Transcript), until payment has been verified.