External Scholarships (Financial Aid)
There are a variety of external scholarships available to assist you with your tuition and other education expenses.
Confederation College receives notices from external organizations who wish to advertise their scholarships on our site. These organizations are not affiliated with Confederation College. We do not endorse any of these awards and recommend that you thoroughly research the third-party groups listed below before applying or giving personal information.
Grand River Agricultural Society
The Grand River Agricultural Society (GRAS) established this scholarship program to provide financial assistance to students within out community who are entering or enrolled in a college diploma or university degree, in agriculture and/or environment-related programs.
University and college-accredited programs are eligible and 12 x $2,500 scholarships are available.
The application process will open April 1st for the 2024 September intake.
Pacific Medical Training
We invite you to join our ACLS Scholarship for Healthcare Providers to support you in your studies, hep you complete medical school, and get a head start on your career.
We will grant a $1,000 scholarship to the author of the winning essay, and a complimentary access to any of our courses for three runner ups.
Our courses included ACLS, BLS, PALS and monitor technician certification.
Winners are selected by our essay review committee and notified by email.
To apply and see eligibility click here:
The Fletcher Foundation which funds an annual $1,000 bursary to support individuals with demonstrated financial need who are applying for full-time studies in an engineering or applied science technology program in a public Ontario college. Preference will be given to applicants from under-represented populations within the engineering and applied science technology (e.g. Indigenous people, women, persons with disabilities)
In order to be eligible, the applicant must:
- Submit an official transcript or other proof of registration from the college confirming that they are enrolled as a full-time student in an Engineering or Applied Science Technology Program in Ontario.
- Please provide demonstration of financial need.
- Completion of a maximum 500 word essay or up to 5 minute video, describing why they want to pursue the field of study and how the bursary will help.
The deadline for applications is April 30, 2024.
Waste to Resource Ontario Scholarship
Waste to Resource Ontario (W2RO) represents the waste management, recycling, and resource recovery sectors in Ontario. For the inaugural year, W2RO will be providing (5) scholarships in the amount of $2,000.
To be considered for the program, all Canadian applicants must be enrolled in a college, university, or trades program that will translate into work in the waste and recycling sector.
- Signed copy of terms of scholarships.
- Completed application form, including essay component.
- Reference letter(s) from previous employer or educators and/or:
- Most recent transcript.
Essay components should be no more than 500 words and should be completed on a separate document and then attached as part of application.
All submissions should be emailed to [email protected] by May 1, 2024.
Kevin Collins Abilities Scholarship
The Kevin Collins Abilities Scholarship is presented to a post-secondary student with a disability. For more than 17 years, Kevin Collins served as the Executive Director of Friends of We Care, an organization composed of Foodservice and Hospitality industry members whose mission is to send kids with disabilities to accessible summer camps across Canada. During his tenure, Kevin led the group in raising over $20.5 million and established a national presence for Friends of We Care.
Interested candidates are asked to submit:
- A completed application form
- A 1-2 page letter and/or a 1-2 minute video link describing why they should be considered for the Kevin Collins Abilities Scholarship
- Proof of enrollment in a post-secondary or trade program
One student will be selected on an annual basis.
The scholarship will award $3,000 to the selected candidate.
Students with a disability, who have at minimum of one full semester left in their post-secondary education, are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Deadlines for Application
The application form and letter/video submission must be received by March 31, 2024 to be considered.
Please send your package to [email protected] with the subject line ‘SCHOLARSHIP’. SCHOLARSHIP PRESENTATION The scholarship will be presented at the annual We Care Gala.
Flight PS752 Commemorative Scholarship Program
The PS752 Commemorative Scholarship Program will disburse 176 one-year scholarships over 5 years, starting from 2023-2024. Scholarships are for one academic year. Eligible scholarship holders may reapply for the following year.
Who can apply
To be eligible for the scholarship program, you must:
- be a student enrolled full-time at a post-secondary institution in Canada (i.e., for the next two academic terms)
- have completed a minimum of one full year in your degree program before the application deadline
If you are already participating in a scholarship program funded by the Government of Canada, you are not eligible for this scholarship program.
If you are a Canadian applicant, you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or a protected person under subsection 95(2) of Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Act as of the application deadline date.
If you are an international applicant, you must have a valid Study Permit.
How to apply
Submit applications by October 31st.
Documents in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by an official translation.
- Proof of identity:
- Canadian Applicants: Please provide a copy of your Passport or ID card or driver's licence issued by a Canadian province or territory. Canadian applicants who are not Canadian citizens must also provide proof of status in Canada.
- International Applicants: Please provide a copy of your passport and a copy of your valid Study Permit.
- Your document must show your citizenship in the same country or territory as the citizenship you indicate in the online application form.
- Certification that you are the next of kin of a victim of Flight PS752 (if applicable):
- Signed statement of family relationship affirming that you are a family member of a victim of Flight PS752 (you may provide a notarized statement affirming your status if the first option is not available)
- We define “family member” to mean you are a victim’s:
- common-law partner
- brother or sister
- aunt or uncle
- nephew or niece
- first cousin
- We will prioritize applicants who are family members of Flight PS752 victims, however recipients will not be restricted to only those family members
- Transcript: A copy of your official transcript showing your latest grades or confirming your passing grade.
- Letter of Motivation: In a maximum of 500 words you will need to describe your motivation for applying for this Scholarship and demonstrate:
- How your chosen degree relates to the victims.
- Your understanding and awareness of the tragedy.
- Why you feel a connection with the victims.
- How you will use the scholarship to contribute to awareness among Canadians of the victims of PS752 and to remember and honour their legacies.
Allied Van Lines Scholarship 2023
- Canadian Citizen (or permanent resident).
- Enrolled (or enrolling) as full time student of accredited college/university within a Canadian province, for completion of undergraduate degree in Logistics or equivalent field.
- Limit of one (1) entry per contestant.
- Employees and professional affiliates of Allied Van Lines (and their immediate families) are not eligible.
- The applicant must comply with CRA rules to qualify for the tax-free benefits of the scholarship, please see the rules here.
- Your scholarship may be tax deductible. However, you are responsible for any tax reporting requirements and any tax due. We cannot give any tax advice
Submit a brief essay of between roughly 400 and 800 words, detailing why logistics/supply chain management is important within your college major of choice. A personalized tone, referencing your firsthand experience and sentiment, is best—no need to be too formal. We’d like to know why you truly believe in logistics as the best career path for you.
Total award - $4,000; Number of awards given – 4.
Maximum award - $1,000 per winner.
School is expensive. We want to help.
Our scholarships are a convenient way to get financial support for school. Now with 750+ scholarships available across Canada, the U.S. and Mexico, you could receive a scholarship valued at up to $5,000.
Applications are open!
See if you pre-qualify now!
Applications close on May 5th
TC Energy is proud to help build strong communities, develop the next generation of community leaders and provide a skilled workforce for our industry.
BAY Credit Union Post-Secondary Bursary Award
BAY Credit Union is happy to provide two bursary programs for our membership. One for high school students entering post-secondary, and one for post secondary students currently registered and continuing their education.
Scholarships range from $500-$1000 for our student/members ENTERING post-secondary and also students CURRENTLY REGISTERED in post-secondary education.
Criteria for Post Secondary Students Applying for Post Secondary Bursary
•Complete the BAY Credit Union Bursary Application form, as detailed, immediately below;
•Provide one reference
•Proof of registration at a post-secondary educational institution in the current term, including undergraduate, graduate and technical education of three weeks or more in a program recognized in the Income Tax Act;
•Have been a member of BAY Credit Union for at least one year; and
•Attach a copy of your most recent transcript of marks by email to [email protected]- Please make the subject line “ ‘YOUR NAME’ - Bursary”
Criteria for High School Students looking for Post-Secondary Bursary:
1.Complete the Bay Credit Union Bursary Application Form (as detailed, immediately below);
2. EMAIL a copy of their most recent transcript of marks to [email protected];
3.Provide at least one written/email reference from an educator familiar with the student;
4.Be graduating from a Secondary School in the District of Thunder Bay
5.Be attending a post-secondary educational institution in the next succeeding academic term;
6.Either be an active member of Bay Credit Union, or the son/daughter or grandson/granddaughter of an active member;
7.Applicants are encouraged, but not required to file electronically. If filing electronically transcripts, references and any other additional materials may be scanned and attached as a .pd for .jpg file and sent via EMAIL to [email protected].
Want to apply Click Here!
Rank-It.ca College Scholarship
Consumer trends can encompass any category of product — tech, vehicles, fashion, appliances, apps, gadgets, etc. — as long as it is about a product or service that you think won’t be obsolete any time soon. What do you think everyone will still be searching for on buying guides like Rank-it.ca in a few years?
All you must do to be eligible for the scholarship is write an essay in English or French of up to 500 words, explaining what consumer trend you see emerging, going obsolete or standing the test of time – feel free to be creative with it, as long as it’s about tomorrow’s shoppers.
Deadline~ March 1 annually
Canadian Technical Asphalt Association (CTAA)
The CTAA Scholarships are funded by the Canadian Technical Asphalt Association to support students preparing for careers as scientists, technologists or engineers in the general area of asphalt paving technology. The Canadian Technical Asphalt Association (CTAA) is Canada’s link to the international asphalt community and encourages research on asphalt materials, mixtures, design, manufacturing, construction processes, and related technologies.
Deadline~ July 1st- Completed application form and all supporting information received at CTAA office.
July 1st to August 1st – Applications reviewed by CTAA Board of Directors.
August 15th – Selection of recipients and formal notification by CTAA.
Email~ [email protected]
Storwell Foster Children Bursary Program
Storwell offers an annual bursary in support of foster children to help them attend post-secondary schools an to offer a hand up as they make their way forward in life.
Deadline: September 1st annually
- Applicants must have been a foster child with an official Canadian or American foster care program and agrees to having the above organization verify the same.
- Will be enrolled as a full-time student at a recognized general/vocational College or post-secondary institution in Canada or USA as of September
- Canadian or American Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Applicant must be 24 years of age or less at the time of application
- Winners agree to having his/her name, photo and post secondary institution displayed on the Storewell website.
Scholarship For Human Resource Development Students
The worldwide famous company, All Star Plumbing, introduces its human resource scholarship program for undergraduate students to complete a part-time or full-time course in Human Resource in a reputed institution in Canada, the USA, the UK, and Australia. Those who are interested must be currently working in an entry-level exempt or non-exempt role and must hold active involvement in HR-related organizations.
The Human Resource Scholarship program presented by Anaheim Plumber is meant to offer financial support to students with leadership qualities, HR skills, and highly dedicated to the field of human resources. This scholarship encourages students and helps them to prepare a lucrative career in the field of HRM. Our expert judges will make a decision based on the involvement of a student in the HR field, essay submissions, and overall personality.
Here is the link to the application page on our website: https://www.allstarplumbingservice.com/scholarship-for-human-resource-development-students/
Real Estate Students Scholarship Program
The Real Estate Students Scholarship Program by Gulab Goodness is meant for students who are enrolled in a real estate course, has a monetary need, and has presented leadership through involvement in volunteer or extracurricular activities. This scholarship has been introduced to recognize and offer financial aid to students who are keen on pursuing real estate as a career.
This scholarship is offered to students enrolled certification course in real estate from a renowned college or university. We invite applications from students lives in country like USA, Canada, Australia and UK. The award money is to be used towards tuition fees or related expenses. It aid finance the education endeavors of undergraduate or postgraduate students concentrating in land economics, real estate appraisal, or similar fields.
This scholarship supports future leaders as they pursue university-level education, which will result in careers in real estate.
Awarded money can be used to support different expenses like fees, tuition, supplies, books, accommodation, and more.
Winners will be coupled with an industry mentor and will join interactive sessions with the industry leaders.
It is a golden opportunity for the students to hold a flourishing career in the field of real estate.
The application is free and there are no charges to be borne by the students.
The May Firm Scholarship
At The May Firm we understand the importance of an education and just how difficult it can be to finance college these days. The successful candidate will be enrolled at either a college or university.
Award: $1000 to the selected candidate
Deadline: January 15 and September 15 annually.
For more information and application: https://www.mayfirm.com/scholarship
ECE Grant Assistance Program
The ECE Grant Assistance Program has two exciting grant opportunities available to students. Our first grant, The Early Childhood Educators Qualifications Upgrade Program, is for those already working in the Early Learning and Child Care sector wishing to obtain their Early Childhood Education Diploma.
Our second grant, The Leadership Grant, is for those who have already completed their Diploma in Early Childhood Education, and would like to specialize their skills in the areas of Pedagogical Leadership in Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Education administration, management, facilities management, fiscal responsibility, governance, human resources, employment standards and labour relations.
Detailed information on both grants, as well as eligibility criteria can be obtained on our website at www.ecegrants.on.ca.
For more information email: [email protected], or call: 1-866-989-9299
Kin Canada Bursaries
Kin Canada Bursaries was established in 1994 by Kin Canada as a legacy to its Founder, Harold Allin Rogers, O.C., O.B.E. (1899-1994) and is funded by Kinsmen and Kinettes across Canada. The program was established to promote, encourage and sponsor educational programs and activities, by providing financial assistance in the amount of $1000 to applicants in their quest for higher learning at a recognized postsecondary institution.
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must be a full-time student in the process of graduating from high school or currently studying or registered at a post-secondary institution.
- Must complete the current application form and submit it to the Kinsmen, Kinette or Kin Club closest to their permanent residence by February 1. Bursary winners are notified before June 30 by their sponsoring club.
- Must not have previouly been awarded a Kin Canada Bursary.
- Will be evaluated on their community and school involvement, knowledge of Kin Canada and financial need.
Award: Bursaries of $1000
Deadline: February 1 of each year
For more information and application: https://www.kincanada.ca/apply
Lalande Personal Injury Lawyers Scholarship
Lalande Personal Injury lawyers believes in your future and believes that you can achieve your life goals through the pursuit of higher education. We are proud to announce a bi-annual scholarship that will be payable to individuals who have surmounted adversity and persevered to achieve a higher education.
Award: $1500 Bi-annually
Deadline: September 15th and January 15th of each year
For more information visit: https://www.hamiltonlawyers.com/scholarship/
Student’s can call (905)333-8888 with any questions about the scholarship.
Alliance Recruitment Agency Engineering Scholarship Program
we are offering a scholarship of $1000 to students of Confederation College of Applied Arts and Technology
- The Candidate must be enrolled or planning to enroll for undergraduate or postgraduate engineering course (for, eg. B.E, B.Tech, M.E. M.Tech) with an accredited college/university.
- The Candidate must be at least 18 years of age while applying.
- The Candidate must completed High School / Secondary School education.
- The Candidate must citizen or permanent resident of USA or Canada.
- While applying, the applicant should have completed at least one term of college/university engineering course after completing high school or secondary school education.
- The students having a time gap between graduation and post graduation are not eligible.
- College dropouts are not eligible.
To learn more about the scholarship program, you can visit our website at the link below:
Weymedia is excited to offer (2) $2000 scholarship to students in any area of study:
For more information, please follow the links below:
The BeMo® & SortSmart® Diversity Advocacy Scholarship
The scholarship is designed to help pre-medical and medical students with medical school application and tuition costs, respectively. The scholarship runs twice a year in spring and fall offering $5,000 to each scholarship winner. The deadlines are May 31st and Oct. 31st of each year.
Applicants must be full-time pre-medical (any undergraduate discipline) or medical students in good academic standing. Each applicant will complete a short survey about their academic experience in addition to a brief, online, 15-question SortSmart admissions screening test. The screening test assesses characteristics and traits that we believe are essential to becoming a future physician and an advocate for diversity.
Full details for the students found at https://bemoacademicconsulting.com/scholarship.
Dr. E. Bruce Hendrick Ontario Scholarship
Applications for the 2020 Dr. E. Bruce Hendrick Ontario Scholarship Program are available now for individuals with spina bifida and/or hydrocephalus living in Ontario.
Deadline for application submission is the last business day of April annually.
Please visit the link for more details: https://www.hydrocephalus.ca/upcoming-events/dr-e-bruce-hendrick-ontario…
Graphic Web Design Scholarship Program
Alliance Recruitment Agency is very excited to tell you that we are offering a scholarship of $1000 to students.
In order to participate in the scholarship contest, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Enrolled or planning to enroll in graduate or postgraduate degree in graphic design, fine arts, visual arts, graphic communication or any other graphic design courses.
The graduate or postgraduate degree you are opting for should be from an accredited college/university/institution.
You must have achieved cumulative GPA of at least 3.9 scale.
You should be a citizen or permanent resident of USA or Canada.
While applying, you should be at least 18 years of age.
You must have graduated from High School or Secondary School or equivalent.
You must have completed at least one term of college or university before applying.
You must be a regular student.
College/University dropouts are not eligible.
To learn more about the scholarship program, you can visit our website at the link below:
CAWIC Bursaries (Canadian Association for Women in Construction)
The Canadian Association for Women in Construction is a not-for-profit organization of women working in various construction-related fields. CAWIC is offering bursaries in the amount of $1,500 to qualifying female students who are currently enrolled in a construction-related field of study.
Follow this link for more information on the bursaries available:
Due Date: June 30th of each year
Movavi would like to offer the students of Confederation College of the Applied Arts and Technology a Scholarship of $1,000 for 2 minutes of Work
To take part in the Movavi Scholarship Program, students need to create a video using Movavi Video Editor and Movavi Clips, which are free to access. Students will have to then share it on the home page of the Movavi company website and on social networks with a special hashtag. An independent committee will determine the scholarship winner.
For more information about the scholarship and how to apply please visit the links below:
Gil Purcell Memorial Journalism Scholarship for Aboriginal Canadians
Purpose: To encourage Aboriginal Canadians to pursue a career in journalism through a combination of studies at a Canadian postsecondary institution and experience in a newsroom.
The Award: A gift of $4,000, intended to defray education costs. Scholarship recipients with appropriate experience and qualifications may also receive an offer of temporary employment or other opportunities at The Canadian Press, at the sole direction of the scholarship provider.
Eligibility: To be awarded to an Aboriginal Canadian (status or non-status Indian, Metis or Inuit) who is enrolled at a Canadian university or community college. The student must already be attending the postsecondary institution and must be either enrolled in a journalism program or actively involved with a news organization associated with the institution (such as a student newspaper or broadcast station). The scholarship is open to both French and English-speaking aboriginal Canadians.
Deadline: November 1 of each year.
Application forms and further information can be obtained from:
Marissa D’Mello, Human Resources, The Canadian Press, 36 King Street East, Toronto, ON, M5C 2L9. Phone: 416-5072132 or email: [email protected].
Indspire’s Building Brighter Futures: Bursaries and Scholarship Awards Program
Indspire has disbursed over $54 million through 16,000 bursaries and scholarships to First Nation, Inuit, and Metis students across Canada since 1985. There is one application to completed in order to be considered for a multitude of scholarships & bursaries.
For details about each scholarship or bursary and to submit your application, please visit: https://indspire.ca/programs/students/bursaries-scholarships/.
Deadlines: February 1, August 1, and November 1 annually
Project Hero Scholarships
Project Hero, started in 2009 by Retired General Rick Hillier and Honorary Lt. Colonel Kevin Reed, is a unique program providing undergraduate scholarships to children of fallen soldiers. Since September 2009, many of Canada’s finest colleges and universities are offering tuition to children of CAF personnel who have lost their lives while serving in an active mission.
To be eligible, the recipient must be:
- A dependent of a Canadian Armed Forces personnel deceased while serving in an active mission
- Under the age of twenty-six
- Registered as a full-time undergraduate student at the college, in a program of study eligible for funding by the Province of the location of the college
- Meet the academic requirements for entry to the academic program for which the recipient applies and maintain satisfactory academic standing in the program
Eligibility to the scholarship program for the children of Canadian Armed Forces personnel deceased while serving in an active mission will be determined by Canadian Armed Forces criteria.
Additional information can be found at: https://www.canadacompany.ca/en/our-initiatives/scholarships/our-application-process/
Canada’s most comprehensive scholarship portal. Search through their extensive database to find scholarships, student awards, bursaries and grants. You’ll also find information about student loans, applications and budget planning. Visit Scholarships Canada.
Studentawards.com is a FREE scholarship search service devoted to helping high school seniors, university and college students find information on scholarships, bursaries, grants and other forms of financial assistance. Visit StudentAwards.com.
National Educational Association of Disabled Students
The National Educational Association of Disabled Students (NEADS) is pleased to announce the availability of its new financial aid portal for students with disabilities, DisabilityAwards.ca. Visit www.neads.ca