Start Dates & Ontario Colleges Program Codes:
Fall Start (September): 0351
Winter Start (January): 0352
Spring Start (May): 0358
Information Communication Technology (ICT) Solutions for Business is a two-year program.
In this two year, graduate certificate program, students develop marketable technical, business management, and interpersonal skills, all of which respond to the pressing ICT needs of businesses in all sectors of Canada’s economy. Students hone their technical skills, creating commercial applications and ICT solutions for SMEs (small and medium size enterprises). At the same time, they gain training in Canadian workplace business practices, entrepreneurship, and interpersonal dynamics. Combined, these help internationally trained graduates obtain employment that is commensurate with their skills and qualifications.
The program enables students to become proficient in the practices and techniques used in modern ICT infrastructures. Students learn how to develop and implement practical solutions to solve typical ICT problems and challenges faced by smaller companies & businesses. Instructional methodology integrates theory with real-life simulations and hands-on applications. Students apply their acquired knowledge and skills to industry-based cases, simulations and projects, working on both individual and several collaborative team projects.
Students also advance their problem solving, presentation and critical thinking skills throughout the period of study. They then bring all this training together in a capstone project in the final semester, where they manage and complete a technical project in collaboration with industry.
Upon graduation students are prepared to use a combination of technical, business, and soft/interpersonal skills to help small and medium sized enterprises achieve success within the digital economy.
Additionally, graduates have the option to take the exam for the Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) certification.
HOW TO APPLY
International students: Apply for this program using the online application, or contact our International Education Centre for more information.
Canadian students: Please be aware that this program is offered on a full-tuition, cost recovery basis, and full fees apply. For more information please contact our Admissions Department or phone (807) 475-6213.
$16,857 + $1,555 program costs (2019/20)
Program Learning Outcomes
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- install, configure, program and maintain IT applications (including operating systems, database management systems) to facilitate successful ecommerce transactions.
- customize and deploy software securely to facilitate ICT operations in a business.
- debug, document and repair bugs in applications to ensure effective functioning of ICT operations.
- identify, analyze and document the client’s business and system requirements to develop relevant ICT solutions.
- interpret, create, and present work-related documents and information effectively and accurately to ensure clear communication between end user and ICT provider.
- write programs that communicate with other computers over a network.
- develop and implement dynamic web applications using appropriate programming language, databases and data sources.
- apply principles of project management to plan, track, and present the progress of an ICT project.
- identify legal, ethical and intellectual property issues in Information Technology projects and propose strategies to address these issues.
- implement personal and professional development strategies to improve job performance and promote professional growth.
- install, troubleshoot, and maintain network components in a business setting to ensure effective operations.
- create ICT strategies for the successful planning and operation of an enterprise.
Graduates may use their skills in any variation or cross combination of the following occupations based on the needs of a particular small to medium sized enterprise.
- Computer and network operators and web technicians
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- Software engineers
- Computer and information systems managers
- Database analysts and data administrators
- Web designers and developers
- Computer engineers
- User support technicians
- Systems testing technicians