Start Dates & Ontario Colleges Program Codes:
Fall Start (September): 0268
Winter Start (January): 0286
Spring Start (May): 0288
In this two year, graduate certificate program, students hone their marketing, communication and analytical skills, to build a brand, attract customers and communicate effectively in a digital marketing environment. At the same time, they gain training in workplace business practices, communications, and interpersonal dynamics. Combined, these help business graduates obtain employment that is commensurate with their interest in marketing, their business skills and their qualifications.
The program enables students to become proficient in the practices and techniques used in modern marketing environments. Students learn how to combine traditional marketing and communication practices with digital marketing applications to insure a successful marketing campaign or strategy.
Program courses are designed to respond to the growing demand for graduates who not only have a background in business and/or traditional marketing, but who also understand the digital arena and have some technical skills in this area. The program will therefore enhance the employability of business graduates, enhancing their undergraduate training with more specialized marketing skills (which are in high demand).
Students will integrate and apply the skills and knowledge acquired in the program during a capstone project in their final semester.
Tuition Fees and Other Costs
$17,019 + $1,725 program costs (2022/23)
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
India, Nepal, Bangladesh & Sri Lanka: email@example.com
Philippines & Indonesia: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vietnam & Cambodia: email@example.com
All other locations: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Learning Outcomes
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- utilize digital marketing tools such as digital stories to build a brand, attract customers and sustain customer relationships.
- combine traditional marketing and communication practices with digital marketing applications and strategies to implement an effective marketing campaign.
- evaluate the effectiveness of digital marketing initiatives to prioritize resource allocation in a small business environment.
- develop strategies that align digital marketing initiatives with corporate goals, branding and communication practices to ensure consistency across all levels of a marketing plan.
- prepare and communicate complex material verbally, in writing, and digitally for a variety of audiences, purposes, and levels of detail.
- apply project management principles, tools and techniques to manage a marketing project within a cross-functional and multi-disciplinary team to maximize efficiency, team member performance and client satisfaction.
- determine the nature and scope of marketing analytical work to achieve maximum information value at minimum cost to support strategic marketing decisions.
- model professional standards to provide reliable and actionable analysis while respecting regulations and practice related to data privacy, accessibility and security.
- implement personal and professional development strategies to improve job performance and entrepreneurial thinking.
Upon graduation, students can expect to find employment in a broad range of marketing positions across Canada, in both the public and private sectors. Graduates may apply to work in professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations. Potential position titles include Digital Marketing Specialist, Digital or Online Marketing Manager, Digital Marketing Copywriter, Marketing Analyst, Marketing Researcher and Customer Service Representative.