Welcome to Student Success Advisement Services! We're here to assist you in reaching your academic and career goals. Book an appointment or call the Student Success Reception Desk at (807) 475-6618, or toll-free at 1-833-330-1550.
Here are the Student Success Advisement Services we offer:
- Academic Advisement
- Study Skills
Student Success Advisors provide academic and career advisement and work together to help you obtain the tools and resources necessary to be successful at college.
Whether you are looking to enhance your study skills, have questions, or are having trouble finding the resources you need to be successful, stop by, we are here to help! If you have questions or concerns, our approachable advisement team is here for you.
How We Can Help
- Providing you with relevant program information.
- Helping you to transition to college life.
- Guiding you when you aren’t sure where to go.
- Assisting you with your studies.
- Supporting you to meet your professional and academic goals.
We Can Provide Assistance With:
- Course selection
- Web Registration (create timetable)
- Adding/Dropping courses
- Alternative program pathways
- Alternative course delivery
- Application/Re-Application to programs
- Withdrawing from a program
- Referral to other internal and external services as required
- And Much More!
Don't miss important dates and deadlines
- Change a program
- Bursary Applications
- Add or drop a class
- and more…
Study and Life Skills
Please check out the Learning Portal on the Confederation College Library website for great information on study skills and other topics related to your success as a student!
Also on the Library website you will find Linked In Learning, which has tens of thousands of training videos on thousands of topics, including study skills. Once logged in you can search for things like Time Management, Note-Taking, Textbook Reading, Test Taking, etc.
Speak to your Student Success Advisor for further information on study skills.
- Learning Styles Inventory — FREE! Memletics Learning Styles Questionnaire; Discover your learning style graphically!
- Human Metrics (Personality test) — According to Jung's typology all people can be classified using three criteria: Extroversion - Introversion, Sensing - Intuition, and Thinking – Feeling.
Time & Stress Management
- Self Care and Stress Reduction – Amherst College provides multiple ideas for self-care and renewal
- Time Management Skills — Mind Tools shows you how to use personal time management skills.
- Time Management — The University of North Carolina provides a time management resource that provides instruction on making a master schedule and to-do lists.
- Time Management Techniques for Right-Brained People — If lists, calendars or schedules are not for you this guide suggests a different time management style.
- 50 Tips for College Students — Psychology Today (August 23, 2010)
- Achievable Me — Complete Guide to Effective Studying
- Academic Tips — tips to help manage your time, take better notes, study effectively, improve memory, take tests, and handle the stresses of college life.
- Assignment Calculator — enter the start and completion dates for an assignment and this calculator will develop a subject specific schedule of tasks to keep you on track.
- How to Study — strategies to help you organize, manage your time, motivate yourself, concentrate, read texts, take notes, listen, manage stress, including links to how to study and write for all subject areas.
- Test Taking Tips — learn vital skills for improving your grades.
- College Student Study Tips — key study techniques for college students.
- Tutorials — choose from thousands of lessons to learn something new or review concepts in math, sciences, economics & finance. On your profile you can select your avatar and show off your badges!
- 35 Must-Know Test Taking Tips & Strategies
- How To Learn and Study Effectively — note-taking and learning methods, note-taking software links, effective reading and comprehension, and how to memorize.
- Alison.com — over 1,000 free online courses from the world's leading experts
- Education Corner — Study Skills for students
- Open University — Links page to many study skills resources
- Skills You Need — Develop the skills you need for life
- College Atlas — Study skills for college students
- Study Right — Free online study skills resources
- APA Citation Style Guide