Keeping Industry Moving Forward
Ever wonder what it takes to keep complex industrial processes running? Today there are process measurement and control system techniques that ensure precise product consistency and reliability.
Confederation College’s Instrumentation Engineering and Control Technician – Process Automation two-year program will provide you with a solid footing in both theory and practice in a modern, cutting-edge laboratory designed to emulate common control systems found in industry. Through coursework, you’ll learn the basics of electrical, digital, electronics, computer systems, industrial drawings & specifications, physics, computer software and communications for technology. Our lab features functioning processes employing pneumatic as well as modern microprocessor-based electronic control equipment such as PLC’s, Distributed Control Systems, and field networks.
- This is the only Instrumentation Engineering Technician program in Ontario that has earned national accreditation status
- Learn how to install, calibrate, maintain and repair complex measurement and control systems used in a variety of process control applications
- Two optional co-op work placements give you experience in the field
- Option to apply for the 3rd year Electrical Engineering Technology program after graduation
- Continue on to a university degree through articulation agreements
Instrumentation engineering technicians commission, install, calibrate, maintain and repair complex measurement and control systems used in a variety of process control applications. Opportunities exist in the pulp and paper, mining, chemical, petroleum, steel and manufacturing industries; fresh water and waste water management; grain trade; nuclear and thermal generation; biomedical equipment manufacturers; and sales and technical service of instrumentation equipment.