Start Dates & Ontario Colleges Program Codes:
Fall Start (September): 0289
Winter Start (January): 0298
Spring Start (May): 0297
The world is your oyster. Think globally!
From small businesses to large corporations, globalization has profoundly affected how business works. Customers, competitors and suppliers now come from around the world, and this has created demand for people with an understanding of the global business environment and the skills to do business internationally.
Are you ready to join the new world of business? Whether you are a recent college or university graduate looking to begin a career in international business, an experienced professional seeking to upgrade your business credentials, or a budding entrepreneur wanting to take your business to the next level, Confederation College’s International Business Management program will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in today’s global marketplace.
- Expand your understanding of the global business environment
- Learn how to perform key business functions across national borders
- Develop cross-cultural communication, negotiation and managerial skills
- Explore ethical, responsible and sustainable approaches to business management
- Gain the knowledge, skills and self-perception to be a professional manager and global citizen
Program Learning Outcomes
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- conduct an environmental scan to evaluate the impact of world issues on an organization’s international business opportunities.
- conduct, evaluate and present market research to support an organization’s international business decision-making.
- manage the preparation of documents and the application of procedures to support the movement of products and services in the organization’s global supply chain.
- evaluate the impact of statutory and regulatory compliance on an organization’s integrative trade initiatives.
- develop and implement strategies to negotiate effectively within various cultural environments and to address the impact of cultural differences on an organization’s integrative trade initiatives.
- develop and present an international marketing plan, and evaluate sales strategies that support an organization’s integrative trade initiatives.
- identify and interpret relevant international financial documents, and evaluate financial strategies that support an organization’s integrative trade initiatives.
- analyze the impact of an organization's integrative trade initiatives on its human resources management strategies, policies, and practices.
- develop and present an international business plan.
- manage the implementation and evaluation of team projects by applying project management principles.
- recommend strategies to support principles of corporate sustainability, corporate social responsibility and ethics associated with an organization’s integrative trade initiatives and evaluate their effectiveness.
- select and apply current technologies to support an organization’s integrative trade initiatives.
This one-year graduate certificate program will prepare you for opportunities in a broad range of private and public international business environments including private organizations, government departments and agencies, regulatory bodies, professional organizations, and international non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Combined with your previous education and experience, you may work in various areas of international business such as sales, marketing, supply chain management, logistics, and trade development. If you are an entrepreneur and thinking about starting your own international business, this program will give you the knowledge and confidence you need to strike out on your own.
Explore careers, current wages, employment stats, job postings, and associated education & training.