Hack it: Thunder Bay
Interested in providing the next great solution for how the City of Thunder Bay can communicate and engage with you?
Join Hack It Thunder Bay to pitch your great idea and have a chance to win great prizes!
Hack It Thunder Bay is a multiday event where individuals come together as a team to utilize their analytic, technical, and creative skills to create solutions to an identified problem. This year students from Lakehead University and Confederation College are being asked: How can the City of Thunder Bay communicate and engage with young adults in Thunder Bay? Young adults bring an important and unique perspective to the City of Thunder Bay that is often underrepresented in municipal engagement. Help the City of Thunder Bay reach young adults in new ways and encourage interest and involvement in municipal government – the programs, services, and future of our city!
How It Works:
- Register: Click here to register for Hack It Thunder Bay. Any student from Confederation College or Lakehead University can register. Registration is $5, with all proceeds being split between the Confederation College and Lakehead University food banks.
- Launch: Attend the launch for Hack It Thunder Bay on Friday, September 22 at 11:30am at Lakehead University, Ingenuity (CASES Building).
- Hack It: Work in a team of up to 4 people or individually to produce the next great idea for engaging young adults in Thunder Bay. You have until September 29th to submit your idea.
- Workshops: Optional workshops will be held at Lakehead University and Confederation College throughout the week of September 25th to support the development of your idea. Use this time to work on your idea or ask questions to mentors. The following workshops will be held at Confederation College:
- Open Mentoring Workshop: Monday, September 25 from 12 – 2pm in the Pride Room (Shuniah, 226)
- How to Pitch Your Idea Workshop: Tuesday, September 26 from 12:30 – 1:30pm in the Pride Room (Shuniah, 226)
- Open Mentoring Workshop: Thursday, September 28 from 12 – 2pm in the Pride Room (Shuniah, 226)
- Submit: By 5pm on Friday, September 29th submit your solution. Your submission must include your completed Submission Template and a 2-minute Pitch Video describing your solution.
- Winners: Winners will be announced on Tuesday, October 3rd. Great prizes available for the top two ideas!
For more information about Hack It Thunder Bay click here.