Wellness Centre Policies
WE RECOMMEND THAT BEFORE YOU BECOME INVOLVED IN AN EXERCISE ACTIVITY OR PROGRAM, YOU CONSULT WITH YOUR PERSONAL PHYSICIAN
Qualified First Aid personnel and First Aid supplies are located at the Information Desk.
- Members and students are required to have their photo taken for the Wellness Centre check-in system and must present their photo ID card when accessing the Wellness Centre.
- A Replacement Card Fee will be charged for replacing lost membership cards. Your first replacement is complimentary. Students must go to the college library to get a replacement card.
- Membership refunds/cancellations may only be given to people leaving the immediate Thunder Bay area (60 miles or further) to reside elsewhere. Individuals must be leaving for a period of time exceeding the end of their current membership year.
- Wellness Centre memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable, except as noted in the above policy.
- Non-members may purchase a day pass at the Information Desk.
- Children under high school age are not allowed in the Cardio/Weight Room but may use the track and basketball WITH adult supervision.
- Rental lockers expire upon termination of membership. Disposal of contents takes place 30 days after membership expiration.
- The SUCCI Wellness Centre is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please lock all items in the day lockers provided, you may use your own lock or rent one at the front desk for $.50.
- Wellness Studio, volleyball and basketball courts can not be booked at the Front Desk or online. Volleyball and basketball non-prime time rentals can be arranged by calling 475-6484.
- Hygiene Policies
- Do strength conditioning workouts prior to cardio workouts, or dry off and change into clean clothing before doing strength conditioning.
- All workout clothing must be clean and odour free prior to the start of your workout.
- All equipment must be thoroughly cleaned by the user immediately after use. Disinfecting wipes are available in all areas.
ABSOLUTELY NO RECORDING OF ANY TYPE IN THE WELLNESS CENTRE. The use of devices for the purpose of capturing photo or video within the facility is strictly prohibited. This includes (but not limited to) locker rooms, washrooms, showers, saunas and workout areas. Failure to respect these rules could result in your membership being revoked.
- The Wellness Centre retains the right to schedule any, or all of the facilities for special events, programs or activities. All reasonable effort will be made to post advance notice.
- Members causing damage to facilities or equipment will forfeit all membership rights. Offenders will be billed for the repairs.
- When using the weight training area you must return weights after usage. All weight room equipment must be used solely in the weight room and not brought to other areas of the Wellness Centre.
- Please vacate all activity areas 15 minutes PRIOR to the posted closing time and depart the Wellness Centre by the posted closing time.
- Members must wear appropriate attire, display proper etiquette, courtesy, and language while in the Wellness Centre.
- In-line skates must be removed and put on in the lobby only.
- Shoes worn outside should not be worn in Wellness Centre rooms or gymnasium.
- Spikes are not allowed.
- We recommend that footwear be worn in the shower and change areas.
- Spitting in this facility will result in the suspension of privileges.
- Confederation College Wellness Centre is a smoke-free environment. There are designated smoking areas on campus and a minimum distance of 3 metres from all doorways.
Member Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Membership cancellations and refunds must be requested within the first 10 days of purchase.
- Refunds requested beyond the first 10 days will be given only to individuals who are leaving the immediate Thunder Bay area (60 miles or further) to reside elsewhere. Individuals must be leaving for a period of time exceeding the end of the current membership year. As an option, the person leaving may decline a refund (if eligible) and apply to transfer the balance of their membership to a non-member.
- One month memberships and punch cards are not eligible for cancellation, refunds or modifications after 10 days.
- Refunds will only be mailed to the person at their new out-of-town address.
- Refund requests must be submitted in writing to the Manager, Wellness Centre for consideration and approval. Refunds must be requested at least 7 days or prior to the date that the member wishes to deactivate their membership.
- After approval, and upon receipt of the current membership card(s) and Parking Permit(s) if applicable, eligible refunds will be processed as the original cost of membership minus an actual charge for time used and a $25 Administrative Fee.
- Only those eligible for a refund will be contacted.
- In extenuating circumstances, additional refunds may be granted by the Manager, Wellness Centre contrary to the above policy.
Wellness Centre Parking Policies
RED Lot G is reserved for Wellness Centre community members and community fitness program participants and Wellness Centre parking permit is required at all times (24 hours a day, 7 days a week). When Lot G, is full, members can park in any GREEN lot. (Parking policy is provided at the time of membership sales.)
Confederation College staff and students are required to purchase a parking permit from Facility Services (B106) and park in the lots designated by the permit. https://www.confederationcollege.ca/current-students/services/parking
Confederation College shall not be held responsible for any loss, injury, or damage to persons and/or motor vehicle including contents, how ever caused. To avoid theft please ensure that your vehicle is locked and secure.
A parking permit is not a guarantee that space is available in any particular lot. However, reasonable means are applied to prevent unauthorized parking and thus maintain spots for permit holders.
All parking permits remain the property of Confederation College and must be surrendered upon request.
Permits are issued for use of the named holder only. However, members owning more than one vehicle can transfer the permit for one vehicle to another.
It is not permissible to resell, lend or transfer a permit for any reason.
Any false declaration on the application forms or abuse of the parking privileges may result in the cancellation of one's application or privileges.
Replacement permit fee is $25.00, maximum 1 permit per person.
Your vehicle is considered to be in violation if parked without a permit properly displayed; parked with an expired or illegal permit; parked at an expired meter; parked in an unauthorized area; parked in a No Parking Zone; parked in disabled/medical area without a proper permit; observed being in a reckless or careless manner; blocking or obstructing pedestrian or vehicular traffic; or parking on any road, meridian or lawn.
Members will abide by other Rules and Regulations posted throughout the Wellness Centre or as advised by the Wellness Centre Staff.