Start Dates & Ontario Colleges Program Codes:
Fall Start (September): 0384
Get Your Career in Gear
Take your love of cars to the next level.
Confederation College’s Motive Power Techniques – Automotive certificate program covers all the basics of maintaining and repairing vehicle systems such as electrical/electronics, fuels, brakes, gear trains, steering and suspension on motor vehicles and light trucks. You’ll get hands-on instruction and learn workplace skills such as communication strategies to help you find and keep a job in today’s modern work environment.
- Program includes a two-week field placement so you get on-the-job training in a real shop
- Courses follow industry standards and practices so you are ready for the job market
- Learn today’s technologies – and how to adapt to tomorrow’s
- Graduates can also go on to an apprenticeship program
Program Learning Outcomes
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- perform all assigned tasks in a manner consistent with established competencies of the profession.
- complete all work in accordance with established protocols, safety guidelines, and existing legislation to ensure safe work practices.
- complete all assignments and lab projects on time and attend all classes exercising punctuality and responsibility.
Graduates of the Motive Power Techniques – Automotive program will have the skills to get a job as an Automotive or Truck Technician and/or other mechanical areas relating to the motive power trade. Opportunities include automotive/light truck service and repair, Automotive Machinist, Alignment and Brake Technician, Automotive Electrical and Electronics Specialist, Truck & Coach service and repair, Service Manager/Foreman, Service Writer, parts sales, body repairs, small engine repair and maintenance, and automobile sales.
Explore careers, current wages, employment stats, job postings, and associated education & training.