Start Dates & Ontario Colleges Program Codes:
Fall Start (September): 0650
This is a priority program eligible for the Ontario Learn and Stay Grant. Domestic students enrolled can apply for funding that will cover their tuition, compulsory fees, books and other direct educational costs (ex: supplies and equipment). Students must commit to working in the region where they study, helping communities get the workers they need for in-demand professions.
If your ambition is to find rewarding employment with an emphasis on caring for people, this four-year degree is for you.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Honours) program stresses health promotion, illness prevention and wellness, focusing on caring and compassion. You will engage in nursing care simulation and scenarios that will prepare you for a rewarding career as a Registered Nurse. Small class sizes, state-of-the-art simulation labs and clinical placements that begin in year one provide opportunities to explore a variety of nursing roles. You will have access to large general nursing core labs, simulated nursing-specific care scenarios and a simulated home environment.
Tuition Fees and Other Costs - Year 1
$5,800 Tuition Fees + $1,342 Non-Tuition Fees
Please note that fees are estimated and are subject to change.
- Graduates are eligible to write the National Council Licensure Examination - Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) required for licensing.
- Students who have completed the 2-year Practical Nursing (PN) diploma program can bridge into the third year of the BScN program (beginning in 2025)
- State-of-the-art facilities, including our simulation labs and equipment
- Practice with the same resources you will use in the field
- With an increasing shortage of nurses, provincially, nationally and internationally, graduates will have the opportunity to work in a variety of healthcare settings that may include family, community, institution and individual healthcare environments.
- Graduates can choose to specialize in an area of nursing practice
The new Confederation College Honours Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) to Honours Bachelor of Science in Nursing programs have received preliminary approval from the College of Nurses of Ontario (www.cno.org). Graduates from these programs are eligible to apply for registration as a Registered Nurse in Ontario.
This college has been granted consent by the Minister of Colleges and Universities to offer this applied degree for a five-or seven-year term starting month/day/year. The college shall ensure that all students admitted to the above-named program during the period of consent will have the opportunity to complete the program within a reasonable time frame.