The Association of Administrative Professionals (AAP) is a chartered, non-profit, Canadian association. We strive to provide administrative professionals with the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive by encouraging all members to add to their individual competencies, advance their leadership skills, realize their value in the workplace and community and have the confidence to excel in their careers.
The AAP offers the Canadian Certified Administrative Professional (CCAP) certificate and designation. The CCAP program is a certificate program for administrative professionals. In order to achieve the CCAP designation, candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be an AAP member for at least one year.
- Enroll in the CCAP program.
- Provide verification that you possess a minimum of two years’ work experience in an administrative role
- Provide verification that you also possess a good balance of the AAP core competencies, which are in the areas of business management, technology, leadership/organizational skills and communication/interpersonal skills.
- Complete seven courses at accredited universities and colleges across Canada, consisting of three compulsory courses and four elective courses. Members enrolled in the CCAP program may complete some or all of their requirements with Confederation College see the course list chart (pdf file) and register for courses via our secure online shopping cart.
CCAP graduates must complete a certification renewal process every three years, based on a credits system. Credits are awarded by completing professional development programs, attending AAP meetings and events, working in the administrative profession, community involvement and more. A total of 40 certification renewal credits must be accumulated in the three-year renewal period. For more information, visit the Association of Administrative Professionals website, or e-mail the CCAP National Coordinator.
Please review the Courses, Admissions Requirements and Getting Started tabs for more information on this program.
Learn how to begin your educational journey by visiting our Getting Started page.
This Program is designed for office professionals. CCAP courses are offered to administrative assistants, executive secretaries, and office managers, etc. who are interested in meeting the challenge of today’s demanding workforce.