Tax Receipts - money graphicEducation Tax Receipts are available electronically through Banner (same process used to register for classes). To access Banner, click on the following (or type into web browser)

To access your Banner account:

  1. Click Enter Secure Area.
  2. Enter your ID.
  3. Enter your password.
  4. Click Student Services.
  5. Click Canadian Tax Forms.
  6. Click T2202 Tax Credit form (T2202A for 2018 tax years and prior), or Slips for Income Tax for the T4A form.
  7. Select the Tax Year and Printable T2202 Form (PDF), then click Submit.
    Note: The tax form will open in a new window. If the form does not appear please be sure to disable your pop-up blocker in your browser, or choose to allow pop-ups for
  8. If you were a Full Time student you will also have a Charitable Tax Receipt which will be included in your T2202 pdf
  9. You can choose to view your tax receipt prior to printing. When you print the form, any future prints will be identified as “Duplicate”.

If you receive a SIN number error when printing your T2202, you need to update your SIN number in Banner.  The following Friday you can log into your Banner account to print an amended T2202.

 If you are needing T2202 forms that are more than 2 years old please make a request by emailing [email protected]  Please include your student number and the tax years you require.  Your form will be sent out the following Friday.

NOTE:  If you get an Error Message when trying to open the PDF versions please try to open again. If the problem persists, please call our Computer Help Desk at: (807) 475-6488

Frequently Asked Questions

What do I do if I have forgotten my ID and PASSWORD, or my account is inactive?

  • Please contact our helpdesk at (807) 475-6488, or call toll-free 1 (800) 465-5493.

Why do you need my Social Insurance Number (SIN)?

  • Effective the 2019 tax year, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) will require all designated educational institutions in Canada to file T2202 Tuition and Enrolment Certificate forms with the CRA and to make them available to students by February 28, 2020.  Subsection 237(1) of the Income Tax Act requires that you provide your SIN, upon request, to the preparer of the tax information slip. More information on this requirement can be found on the CRA website here.

My tax receipt does not reflect my tuition payment, why?

  • Your tuition payment included fees that are not eligible for income tax purposes including: Student activity fee, textbooks, duplicate transcripts fees and all residence fees.
  • T2202 forms are issued to students who have paid more than $100 in eligible fees for courses beginning and ending in a particular calendar year. To be eligible for an education tax credit, the program of study must last at least 3 consecutive weeks and at least twelve hours per month.
  • If you should have further questions, please contact the Finance Department at (807) 475-6177.

I am having difficulty filing my income tax return and understanding what I can deduct for tax purposes, who can help me?

Questions regarding the use of the T2202 or T4A form should be referred to a qualified tax consultant, or to Canada Revenue Agency by telephone at 1 (800) 959-8281, or refer to their website at . The information provided by Confederation College is not intended as taxation advice.


(updated: February 23, 2021)