How to Obtain your Parking Permit
- Sign onto the College Portal with your College account and select the Parking icon.
- From the Banner Main Menu, select the Parking tab (if not already there), and the New Parking Pass button.
- Choose the type of permit you wish to purchase, provide your vehicle license plate number, and click on the box agreeing to abide by College Parking Regulations.
Pay for your parking pass with one of the following methods. These options are available as selection buttons at the bottom of the screen. Your receipt will be sent to your College e-mail account.
- Online in Banner with your credit card.
- In person at Facilities Services (Shuniah B106) with cash or debit.
- Online using payroll deduction in Banner (for College employees only).
Special permit locations are in effect during Orientation activities. Note that at these special locations, only prepaid and online credit card payment option are available. You must visit the Facilities Services counter to pay with cash or debit.
- Tuesday September 5 – REACH Atrium – 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Wednesday September 6 – REACH Atrium – 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Pick up your parking pass at Facilities Services (Shuniah B106) during all other times.
All of the costs of operating our parking lots (snow clearing, painting, lighting, repairs, etc.) are shared by those who park on our property. We fund everything through the sale of parking permits and the collection of parking meter revenue.
- All vehicles parked on College property require a valid parking permit – either a day pass purchased at an entry dispenser, a longer term permit, or “money in the meter.” Parking permits are required at all times while parked on College property from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Long-term parking permits can be ordered and purchased online. Log in to the College Portal and click on the Parking icon (located in the left menu). More detailed instructions and options are below.
- Parking permits will not be sold to anyone with outstanding parking tickets. Check your ticket history by signing into the College Portal and clicking on the Parking icon. Tickets can be paid online through your SSB Banner account using a credit card.
- There are only two classes of generally available parking permits: Blue for parking spots with winter electrical plug-in service, and Green for all other parking. Note that all other parking regulations, as outlined in the Parking regulations still apply.
- Parking rates are posted on page 16 of the Traffic and Parking Regulations and in the online ordering application.
- Vehicles with more than 2 unpaid outstanding parking tickets are subject to being towed from College parking lots at any time.
- Failure to pay traffic or parking fines within the time specified on the face of the ticket may result in the placement of an encumbrance/hold on the operator and/or owner’s student or employee account.
If you have any questions regarding parking, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s New 2017-2018
- 2017-2018 long-term permit sales open July 17, 2017
- 2017-2018 permits are expected to be available for pick up as of July 17, 2017
- Blue Parking Passes have increased to $300.00
Other Parking Information
- Apprentices are not required to apply online. Instead, come to Facilities Services (Shuniah B106)
- Retirees can apply online or by visiting Facilities Services (Shuniah B106)
- Parking lot site plan
- Traffic and Parking Regulations
- Parking Fees and Instructions 2017-2018
Are you trying to make your parking dollars stretch further?
We have a few suggestions to get the best value:
Buy for the Long-term: Three Semesters for Less than the Price of Two!
When you buy an annual permit you get three semesters for less than the price of two! That means that you can take advantage of the Fitness Centre all summer long without worrying about parking fees. The annual pass pay structure is as follows: Fall and winter semester are $250.00 with the summer semester free!
Only on Campus Occasionally? Try a Smart Card!
Smart cards save you more than 30% on the cost of a single day permit. Visit the Bookstore to purchase a 20-entry smart card.
On Campus for the Day? Day permits are the best value.
For trips to campus of 4 hours or more, a day permit, purchased from the parking kiosk located east of our Golf Links entrance is your best value.
Barrier-free parking on campus. There are barrier-free parking spaces located in most parking lots on campus. To park in a non-metered, barrier-free space, you’ll need a green Confederation College parking permit, and either a Ministry of Transportation Accessible Parking Pass, or a College Special Parking Pass.
To park at a barrier-free metered parking space, you’ll need to have money in the meter, and an MTO Accessible Parking Pass, or a College Special Parking Pass.
Where can I park? Navigating the campus. Green pass holders can park in any green parking lot. Blue pass holders can park in the blue lot and any green lot. Red pass holders can park in Fitness Center and green lots. There are some reserved parking locations on campus requiring specific passes ( Child Care Centre, Northwest Innovation Center ect.). These are outlined in more detail in the Traffic and Parking Regulations.
Yes, we issue parking tickets. Because we expect everyone who shares the use of our parking lots to pay their share, we issue parking tickets to vehicles that are not in compliance with the parking permit and meter requirements of our Traffic and Parking Regulations.
We also issue parking tickets for other reasons. For example, if you park on the lawn, or you park on a pedestrian crosswalk.
Authorized use. Permit-holders are not allowed to re-sell, loan or transfer their permits to anyone else, for any reason. Permits are exclusive to the individual named in the application only. Vehicles with fraudulent parking passes will result in immediate towing from campus.
We’re happy to discuss your parking concerns. If you get a parking ticket and you don’t understand why you received it, please come in and discuss it with us. We’d be happy to help you solve the problem, so that you don’t get another ticket. Visit us in Facilities Services (Shuniah B106).
Towing can be very costly, as you’ll need to pay your parking tickets, pay the towing company and then obtain a parking permit in order to continue parking on campus. It’s best to come in and discuss your parking tickets with us, rather than ignoring them.