A Future You Can Count On!
You’ve always been a whiz with numbers. Why not earn a living at it?
Incoming first-year students should apply to the two-year Business - Accounting program
Confederation College’s Business Administration – Accounting three-year diploma program takes it a step further from the two-year Business Accounting diploma. As with the two-year program, you’ll learn the basics of accounting principles and finance along with advanced courses in the third year including auditing, project management and case analysis. Your last semester will be dedicated to a work placement so that you get real-world experience that will give you an even bigger advantage on the job market.
- Earn your two-year diploma before continuing on to third year
- Provides more job opportunities and career advancement opportunities than two-year program
- Full-semester work placement in the final semester
- Continue on to a university degree through articulation agreements
Program Learning Outcomes
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- record financial transactions in compliance with Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for sole proprietorships, partnerships, private enterprises, publicly accountable enterprises and non-profit organizations.
- prepare and present financial statements, reports and other documents in compliance with Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for sole proprietorships, partnerships and private enterprises.
- contribute to strategic decision-making by applying advanced management accounting concepts.
- prepare individuals' and Canadian-controlled private corporations’ income tax returns and individuals’ basic tax planning in compliance with relevant legislation and regulations.
- analyze and evaluate organizational structures and the interdependence of functional areas and contribute to the development of strategies which positively impact financial performance.
- analyze and evaluate, within a Canadian context, the impact of economic variables, legislation, ethics, technological advances and the environment on an organization’s operations.
- analyze and evaluate an organization's internal control system, taking risk management into account.
- contribute to strategic decision-making by applying advanced financial management concepts.
- co-ordinate the planning, implementation, management and evaluation of team projects by applying project management principles.
Graduates of the three-year Business Administration – Accounting program find jobs in a variety of private and public sector positions including Accounting Clerk, Accounting Assistant, credit and collections, Accounts Payable Clerk and Accounts Receivable Clerk.
Explore careers, current wages, employment stats, job postings, and associated education & training.
Looking to start your own business?
Check out the self-help resources in our Biz Centre Online area ...