Ontario Colleges Program Codes:
Full-Time Program Code: 0369 (Trades Stream)
Full-Time Program Code: 0359 (Technology/Aviation Stream)
Build to Something Bigger
You’ve decided – a career in trades or technology/aviation is the right path for you. But what if you don’t have all the requirements?
Confederation College’s Pre-Technology program can help by allowing you to upgrade your skills and prepare for your future learning. The program is divided into two streams, the Technology/Aviation stream and the Trades/Pre- Apprenticeship stream, depending on what direction you plan to take.
The Trades/Pre-Apprenticeship stream is designed to upgrade your skills and knowledge for a variety of Confederation College trade programs including Carpentry and Renovation Techniques, Welding, Mechanical Techniques and Motive Power Techniques-Automotive. Courses cover topics such as applied math for trades, computers, trades science and writing strategies.
The Technology/Aviation stream is designed to upgrade your skills and knowledge for a variety of Confederation College programs including aviation, technology and technician programs. Class work includes applied math for technology, computers, technology studies or aviation studies and writing strategies.
It’s the perfect way to start your technology, aviation or trades career!
- Upgrade your skills and learning to prepare you for a career in trades, technology, or aviation
- Get specialized training depending on what program you plan to take
- Get a solid head start on your future programs
Program Learning Outcomes
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- enhance mathematical literacy by solving technical problems using arithmetic, fractions, algebra, geometry and trigonometry.
- solve technical problems and perform technical tasks by applying principles of mathematics and science.
- develop study skill strategies required for success in post-secondary programs.
- develop strategies for ongoing personal and career development to enhance work performance in multi-disciplinary workspaces.
- select, use and maintain machinery, tools and equipment safely and competently as required in various technical fields.
- use various computer applications appropriately and in a manner relevant to technical workspaces.
- make an active and constructive contribution to group projects and discussions.
Confederation College's Pre-Technology — Technology/Aviation program prepares students for a technical career. Graduates find opportunities in trades, technology, and aviation sectors. The program offers specialized training to enhance skills relevant to these industries. Students gain practical experience and knowledge to meet the demands of the job market in these fields.