Career & Job Fair
80 Employers/Organizations are ready to hire!
Time to get career ready for this Sold Out Event!
When: Wednesday, January 31, 2024 | 10:00 a.m. — 3:00 p.m.
Where: Shuniah Building | Student Lounge | Ryan Hall Cafeteria | Thunder Bay Campus (Campus Map) (Exhibitor Map)
Who: Current students, prospective graduates, alumni, community job seekers.
Confederation College’s Career & Job Fair is the event to support students, upcoming graduates, alumni and community job seekers to get connected to our employer partners. This event is designed to help individuals to learn about opportunities and make connections with key local, provincial, regional and national employers.
Complimentary parking is offered to event participants and exhibitors in the Green Lots (F, E & D).
How to Prepare
- Attend a Drop-in Career & Job Fair Preparation Workshop at NEW:
- Wednesday, January 17, 2024 | 12:30 p.m. — 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 24, 2024 | 12:30 p.m. — 1:30 p.m.
Learn how to prepare for a career & job fair and receive tips for getting the most of the event. In addition, you can receive assistance with updating your resume.
- Review the participating employers prior to the event and do some initial research on each organization/company before attending. As this is a busy event, each employer has a limited amount of time so the more research you can do in advance, the easier it will be to engage discussions and maximize your time with each employer. Take notes and follow-up with the employers on any questions afterwards.
- Prepare and update your resume by either attending a drop-in session or booking an appointment.
BANK ON IT – Two Job Banks for Thunder Bay and Regional Job Search
Atikokan Health and Community Services
Bayshore Home Solutions
Bayside Geoscience Inc.
BDO Canada LLP
Brain Injury Services of Northern Ontario (BISNO)
Canadian Mental Health Association
City of Thunder Bay
Community Living Thunder Bay
Confederation College (Human Resources)
CSI North West
Digital Engineering Inc
Dilico Anishinabek Family Care
Enbridge Greenwich Wind Farm
Equipment World Inc
George Jeffrey Children's Centre
Geraldton District Hospital
Grant Thornton LLP
Indigenous Services Canada
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 402
Lakehead Public Schools
Matawa First Nations Management
Ministry of the Solicitor General
MNRF - Aviation, Forest Fire and Emergency Services
Newmont Musselwhite Mine
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation
North of Superior Healthcare Group
North Star Air
North Superior Workforce Planning Board
Northern Peak HR
NorWest Community Health Centres
Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
Ontario Native Women's Association
ParaMed Home Healthcare
Pine View Nurseries
Saketcheway Anishinabe School
Sioux Lookout First Nation Health Authority
Southbridge Care Homes - Pinewood
Special Investigations Unit
St. Joseph's Care Group
Superior-Greenstone District School Board
TBT Engineering Limited
The District of Thunder Bay Social Services Administration Board
The Salvation Army Journey to Life Centre
Thunder Bay Police Service
Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre
Valhalla Hotel & Conference Centre
William W. Creighton Youth Services
Students & Upcoming Graduates
If you need support with your resume or cover letter, or require advice on how to navigate a career & job fair, please reach out to Student Career Services
- Book a 1:1 Career Coaching Session by clicking here
- Submit a resume and cover letter for feedback by clicking here
- Stop by Sibley Hall to access NEW’s Community Employment Resource Centre (960 William St.)
Community Job Seeker
If you need support with your resume or cover letter, or require advice on how to navigate a career and job fair, please reach out to Northwest Employment Works!
- Request an appointment with an Employment Advisor by clicking here
- Stop by NEW’s Community Employment Resource Centre at 960 William Street
We look forward to welcoming you to our Main Campus! Our team has prepared an FAQ for your reference.
To encourage successful recruitments, Bank on Applications by posting job opportunities to our Job Banks:
If you have any questions about the career and job fair, please contact Patty Habl-Gregory, Career Development Advisor by phone at 807-475-6626 or [email protected].