All Confederation College students can manage their student account password using the MyCampus portal application.
The MyCampus portal is a web-based application that is accessible to all students using an Internet connected computer. In addition to containing College news, links to College academic software applications, and more, the MyCampus portal contains a College account Password Utility. Using this feature, students can change their College student account password, as well as setup security questions to be used in case a student forgets their password and needs to have it reset by the system.
- On an Internet connected computer, go to the College’s main web site by typing in the URL: http://www.confederationcollege.ca into your web browser.
- At the top of the College website main page, click the link My Campus Portal.
- At the MyCampus login page; please enter your College username and password (as determined in the section above) and then click the Login button.
The first time you access the MyCampus portal application you will be automatically brought to the Update Password Reset Questions section of the Password Utility page. If you do not see this screen you can access it anytime by clicking on the Password tab within the home screen.
In this section you can setup security questions in case you ever forget your College account password. To activate this feature, enter in four security questions and their respective answers. The security questions/answers can be anything you wish, but students are advised to choose questions/answers that are easy for you to remember but difficult for someone else to guess.
Note: All four questions and their respective answers must be entered in as well as saved in order to activate the password reset feature.
This section allows students to change their College account password at any time. To access the Reset Password screen to change your password, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Log into the MyCampus portal as described in the section above.
- From the MyCampus portal home screen, click on the Password tab.
- On the following screen, in the left-hand pane, select the Reset Password option.
- To change your password, type in a new password twice in the boxes provided and then click the Ok button to save your changes.
When changing your College account password, please ensure your password meets the following criteria:
- Be a minimum of 8 characters in length
- Contain 3 of the following 4 types of characters: small letters, capital letters, numbers, or punctuation marks
- Cannot be a password that you’ve used for the past 3 password changes
- Cannot contain a combination characters resembling your name or account username
Note: Passwords entered that do not meet all of the above security standards will be rejected by the system.
Note: In addition to the above requirements, the College network will require all account holders to change their password a minimum of once every 240 days. Users may, if desired, change their password a maximum of once every 30 days.
Important! The procedure above will change a student’s password for their general network logon account which includes access to all College applications/systems tied to it as outlined in the above section (i.e. Computer workstations, MyCampus portal, Web Access Outlook E-mail, Blackboard, and the Student Banner system).
Resetting a Forgotten Password
Once you have entered in your four security questions in the MyCampus Password Utility as described in the above section, if you ever forget your College account password, you can use the MyCampus password reset feature to change your password and regain access to your account.
If you have forgotten your College account password, please follow the steps below to reset your password:
- Go to the MyCampus login page as described in the section above: Accessing the MyCampus Portal and Password Reset Utility.
- In the login box, click on the Change/Reset Password link.
- On the next screen, type in your College username and click the OK button.
- You will then be prompted to answer two random questions from your list of four security questions. Correctly answer the two questions and click the OK button to proceed. If you incorrectly answer one or both of the security questions, you will be prompted to answer another two security questions.
- If you correctly answer both security questions you will be allowed to reset your password. Enter in your new password twice in the boxes provided. Be sure to follow the password security guidelines listed in the above section for changing your password.