Injury, illness or accident can happen at any time. Are you prepared to handle an emergency if one occurred today? Who would you contact? What resources would be available to you? Could you give appropriate guidance or direction to your employees, your students, or your colleagues?
What can you do to prevent an emergency from happening?
- Review the information in this section thoroughly.
- Review your work activities: plan to eliminate hazards and to reduce risks. Follow safe work practices.
Report unsafe or hazardous conditions immediately:
- to your supervisor, or to a faculty member,
- to Security (807) 623-0465, or
- to to Facilities Services (807) 475-6261.
What can you do to be better prepared before an emergency occurs?
- Familiarize yourself with Emergency Procedures before an emergency happens.
- Participate in drills and training.
- Take a CPR and first aid course.
Look for further information from the following sources:
- Your supervisor or manager; your colleagues; your faculty member, Program Coordinator or Dean
- Public Safety
- Campus Security
- Joint Health & Safety Committee Members or Representatives
- Floor plans posted on each floor