2019-20 and 2018-19 Full-Time Post-Secondary Tuition Fees
Provided in the links below are full-time tuition fees for the 2019-20 and 2018-19 academic years. Fees include all tuition and non-tuition fees. This excludes the cost of program supplies, books, uniforms, exam fees or any other program-specific fees as estimated on your program website.
- View Tuition Fees for 2019-20 - Fall Start …
- View Tuition Fees for 2018-19 - Spring Start …
- View Tuition Fees for 2018-19 - Winter Start …
International Student Tuition Fees
Breakdown of Ancillary Fees
Tuition Deposit for New Students
Tuition deposits have been established in accordance with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities guidelines. New students are required to pay a $500 non-refundable deposit. This deposit is applied toward the cost of tuition (not in addition) and will hold a student’s seat in their confirmed program choice. The deposit will be held should a student withdraw.
Should you be unable to pay the tuition deposit you may be approved for a reduction in your deposit payment (please note this does not decrease your amount owing, the full amount of tuition will still be due by the August deadline). Click here for the form. Please submit to the Information Hub, your local campus or via email if a Distance Education student at email@example.com
Payment methods accepted include:
- Internet banking
- Web payment
In person at your local area campus
- Cash, cheque, debit, Mastercard, Visa and American Express
- Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
- Third Party Sponsorship Approval Letter
For complete details on the payment methods listed above please select the following link:
In accordance with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities’ guidelines, a $150 late fee has been established for all full time postsecondary students who miss the tuition fee due date.
Some programs have additional program-specific fees that may be charged for things such as tool kits, books, uniforms, exam fees or any other program-specific fee as indicated in the Costs pages (linked from the left sidebar of your program web page. There is a link to “Full Cost Details” (for Canadian students), as well as a link to costs for International students. These two cost pages provide a full breakdown of costs for that program, including any program-specific fees.
- Students electing to take a program course load beyond 105% of their current full-time post-secondary program, will be required to pay for the additional hours of study at the approved part-time tuition rate plus any related miscellaneous costs.
- Students considering taking courses above the normal 100% load should discuss the implications of this decision with their Program Coordinator and/or Student Success Advisor.
- Students must register in these extra courses prior to November 1st for the Fall semester, March 1st for the Winter semester and June 30th for the Spring/Summer semester.
Part-Time Fees for 2019-20 (Starting Fall 2019)
Part-Time Tuition Fee (per credit hour) $6.08
Part-Time Service Fee (per credit hour) $0.75
Course fees for part-time courses delivered by the Continuing Education Department are calculated on an hourly basis. Course fees are listed in “The Key”, Thunder Bay’s Guide to Community Programs and Services. For more details on part-time programming options, please visit Continuing Education.
Other Fees (Starting Fall 2019)
|Program Transfer Fee||$30.00|
|Transfer Credit Fee (1)||$25.00|
|*Transfer Credit Fee (2 or more)||$50.00|
|Prior Learning Assessment & Recognition (PLAR) Fee||$145.62|
*This fee applies if 2 or more transfer credits are submitted at the same time
**After the initial fee of $161.80 for one PLAR is applied, any additional PLARs will cost $20 each if submitted at the same time
Students with Permanent Disabilities
New and returning students with disabilities who require the accommodation of a reduced course load may be eligible to have tuition fees reduced once they have paid the equivalent to full time fees for the program. For more information on eligibility please visit Reduced Tuition Policy for Students with Permanent Disabilities.
Withdrawal & Refund Process
For information on the withdrawal policy and refund process, please select the link below: