Dual Credit Programs
Dual Credit programs build on a strong foundation and long history of effective school board and college partnerships at the local level to actively promote college and apprenticeship as pathways of choice for more secondary school students. Dual Credit Programs are intended to assist secondary students in the completion of their Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) and their successful transition to college and apprenticeship programs.
Visit: http://www.gotocollege.ca for further information on dual credits
Types of Dual Credit Programs
- Delivered (team-teaching) by a secondary school teacher and a college instructor
- Dual credit based on matched college and secondary curriculum
- Also could include an apprenticeship focus based on team-teaching of matched Level 1 Apprenticeship and secondary curriculum
- Successful students will receive a course mark in on a college transcript and a mark on their high school transcript with the matched high school course
- Delivered by a college instructor involving the dedicated role of secondary school teachers (dual credit teachers).
- Dual credit based on a college-delivered college course(s)
- Also could include a college-delivered level 1 apprenticeship in-school training involving the dedicated role of secondary teachers
- Successful students will receive a course mark on a college transcript and a mark on their high school transcript with a new Ministry coding developed from the college course
Other information related to dual credits: