Your First Step to a Social Work Career
Social work is an extremely broad field. But at its heart, social work is all about one thing: helping people. Are you a people-oriented individual, excited to make a difference in the community?
Confederation Colleges Social Service Worker program can give you the tools and knowledge you need to get your start in social work. You’ll get a solid background with courses in social welfare, mental health, interpersonal effectiveness, communications, addictions and applied professional practice. Work placements will reinforce your in-class learning, providing you with on-the-job experience that will help you start building a resume before you graduate. You’ll learn how to use available community resources as well as your own skills to make a real difference in people’s lives.
- Upon successful completion of this program you will be able to apply to become a member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Gain valuable experience working with all population groups from young children to senior citizens
- Gain broad experience in many different areas of social work
- Available as an accelerated program for those with a college diploma or university degree in certain related fields
- You might also be interested in our Native Child and Family Services program …
Graduates of the Social Service Worker program go on to positions including Social Service Worker (only members of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers may use this title), Outreach Worker, Case Manager, Intake Worker, Support Worker, Facilitator, Family Worker and Program Coordinator. You’ll have opportunities in a variety of settings including public welfare agencies at various levels of government, as well as with private agencies in the fields of child and family services, addictions, mental health, community development, domestic violence and others.
Explore careers, current wages, employment stats, job postings, and associated education & training.