Keeping Industry Moving Forward
Ever wonder what it takes to keep complex industrial processes running? Today, there are many different interconnected systems including fluid systems, heat recovery and co-generators, mechanical systems, HVAC, and other processes that all have to work together.
Confederation College’s Instrumentation Engineering and Control Technician - Process Automation two-year program will provide you with a solid footing in both theory and practice in a modern, cutting-edge laboratory designed to emulate common control systems found in industry. Through coursework, you’ll learn the basics of electrical, digital, electronics, computer systems, industrial drawings & specifications, physics, computer software and communications for technology. Our lab features functioning processes employing pneumatic as well as modern microprocessor-based electronic control equipment such as PLC’s, Distributed Control Systems, and field networks.
- This is the only Instrumentation Engineering Technician program in Ontario that has earned national accreditation status
- Learn how to install, calibrate, maintain and repair complex measurement and control systems used in a variety of process control applications
- Two optional co-op work placements give you experience in the field
- Option to apply for the 3rd year Electrical Engineering Technology program after graduation
- Continue on to a university degree through articulation agreements
Instrumentation technicians commission, install, calibrate, maintain and repair complex measurement and control systems used in a variety of process control applications. Opportunities exist in instrument departments in the pulp and paper, mining, chemical, petroleum, steel and manufacturing industries; fresh water and waste water management; grain trade; nuclear and thermal generation; biomedical equipment manufacturers; and sales and technical service of instrumentation equipment.
Explore careers, current wages, employment stats, job postings, and associated education & training.