Don’t just learn how to cook – discover how to entertain like a chef! This comprehensive program will show you all the tricks of the gastronomic trade to help you indulge and delight your guests whether you are serving a crowd or creating a romantic dinner for two.
Instructors Chef Tony Sgambelluri and Chef Mark Fontaine will share their combined 50-plus years of fine dining secrets with you to teach you how to present delicious dishes to the table with speed, style and pizzazz. During each class, Tony and Mark will focus on specific cooking methods and ingredients so you can learn how to create a wide range of menu items from starters to desserts. The small class size will allow students a hands-on, personalized learning experience with guaranteed take-home goodies after each class.
Students will be immersed in the College’s state-of-the-art kitchen, dressing in full chef whites twice a week to prepare daily specials. Course tuition also includes uniforms, ingredients and printed material. In just 10 weeks, you’ll learn how to wow your dinner guests – the start of your own culinary adventure!
- Basic Principles of Cooking Theory and Science
- Cold Food Kitchen – Salads, Dressings, Marinades, Pickling and Cold Sauces
- Soups, Sauces and Thickening Agents
- Understanding Vegetables & Cooking Methods
- Cooking Grains, Pasta and other Starches
- Understanding Poultry, Meats, Fish & Shellfish
- Understanding Heat – Roasting, Baking, BBQ, Poaching and Steaming
- Desserts 101 (Desserts for Dummies)
- Food Safety & Sanitation, Food Storage, Food Handling
- Theme Dinner Party Preparation- Thanksgiving Dinner, Christmas Party Entertaining
Program Duration: 10 weeks (8 hours/week)
Program Days: Wednesdays 7pm to 10 pm and Saturdays 9am to 2pm
Program Start Date: September 27th, 2017 to December 2nd, 2017
Instructors: Chef Tony Sgambelluri and Chef Mark Fontaine
Students will receive a Certificate of Attendance
For more information, please contact:
Program Manager, Training & Development
Phone: (807) 475-6536
To enrol in the Entertain Like a Chef program, please contact:
Assistant, Training & Development
Phone: (807) 624-3356