The English as a Second Language Program is a full-time program that is divided into three levels. The program consists of three 15 week courses; two ESL level courses followed by the English for Academic Purposes course. The program targets students who are prepared to enter Intermediate level English classes (IELTS3.5 - 4). Students must complete an English Language Proficiency Test prior to arrival to assess their eligibility and placement.
Programs focus on reading, writing, listening and speaking in an academic setting and use interactive teaching methods to maximize student success. Progress in each level is determined through assignments, midterm and final tests, attendance, lab work and participation.
- Small classes
- Bi-weekly cultural presentations and off-campus activities
- Diverse student enrollment
- Interactive and communicative classes
- Academic skills are highlighted
- Access to library, fitness centre, computer labs and printing services
- Opportunities to join lots of college activities, and have a Canadian “buddy”
- Fun, practical classes taught by experienced instructors
- Learn with the Cambridge Interchange and Passages textbook series
Upcoming Session Dates
(all 15 week sessions):
2016 - 2017:
- Resident of Canada, OR international student with an intermediate level of English
- 18 years or older
Upon arrival, students complete an on-campus language assessment to determine their recommended entry level.
Please note: Confederation College ESL programs are geared to students whose English Language Proficiency is above a minimum level of IELTS 3.0, iBT TOEFL 33, or CLB 3. Students must be able to convey and understand general meaning in familiar situations.
Canadian residents may apply for a special institution-funded bursary to receive up to $2,500 toward tuition costs.
for 15-week ESL Session (25 hours per week)
- $5,200 for International students
- $1,847 for domestic students i.e. Canadian Residents
How to Apply …
Contact: Program Coordinator
International Education Centre, Room 251
Phone: (807) 475 6405