Applications are now being accepted for September 2018 intake.
Learn How to Become a Digital Influencer
How we tell our stories is changing. Media today must adapt to our content devices: our smartphones, our iPads and our other connected gadgets. That means that today’s digital storytellers need to use a variety of tools to create content through linear, non-linear, and live interactive productions delivered to a multitude of screens. Although the medium has changed, the basics of good storytelling have not. The best content creators still need to grab attention to get their messages across demonstrating good cinematography and post production skills.
Confederation College’s Digital Media Production program will teach you how to be effective in today’s ever-changing digital media world. You will learn how to connect with users through blogs, vlogs, and live interactive shows. The program covers the basics of marketing, branding and promotions that are often intertwined with today’s content creation. Students will also explore social journalism, bringing grass-root stories to new media platforms. You’ll discover that the same key principles apply: be engaging, be responsive and understand the ethics and responsibilities attached to becoming a media-based influencer.
- Learn how to use digital media tools effectively to engage users and tell great stories
- Develop core skills such as photography, videography, graphic design, web design, live streaming, visual effects, and social media marketing
- Get a broad range of experience to launch your career as a content producer, online personality, or technical whiz behind the scenes
- Tap into your creative side and learn how to bring your ideas to life with 24/7 access to facilities
- Receive the tools and skills necessary to develop your personal brand and digital presence
- Internship opportunity
- You do NOT require a portfolio for entry to the program
Follow Us on Social Media
Graduates of the Digital Media Production program can go on to a variety of entry-level positions such as social media marketer, social media coordinator, content creator for web and traditional broadcast, digital production designer, digital production assistant, digital media producer, radio production, assistant editors, creative writers, on-line media journalists and videographers. As the Digital world grows, demands for emerging disciplines will continue to develop.
Graduates may also go on to create their own entrepreneurial careers as self-employed social media and digital content producers.