As a Student
Meet the Faculty
It is the responsibility of the student to obtain the required course text/materials by the start date of the course, unless indicated otherwise.
Information on your course text/materials will be located here, ensure you view the correct term.
If you are unsuccessful in obtaining your textbook, please email Online Learning at Confederation College immediately - firstname.lastname@example.org Tuition refunds will not be made if the student does not obtain the textbook in due time for the course and the withdrawal date has passed.
Suggestions as to where to purchase your textbook:
- www.textnet.ca You can search by course name under OntarioLearn - FALL (for September to December books), WINTER (for January to April books) and SPRING (for May to August books)
- Host College Bookstore (often available online)
- Confederation College Bookstore - Follett Bookstore (807) 475-6225, or 1-877-295-3851 - The Follett Bookstore does not stock Online Learning textbooks - please call or visit to place your order.
Program Continuation Criteria
Upon completion of required courses, complete the Part-Time Request to Graduate form and submit as directed.
Field Placement Requirements
The documents listed below are required prior to students starting their field placements.
- Current Vulnerable Persons Criminal Records Check
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR/AED Level C certificate (Non-Nursing Professional); Current CPR/AED Level C certificate (Nursing Professional).
- A completed Health Centre Immunization and Communicable Disease Form; accompanied with a copy of an up-to-date immunization record, Hep B and a two-step Tuberculosis (TB) test is required
New Student Information
This program is not affiliated with The Canadian Diabetes Educator Certification Board (CDECB) but may assist in preparing students to write the CDE exam.
How to Register
1. ONLINE (via this secure website) … Register quickly and conveniently via our secure online registration form. ** You will not be able to register for the first course of your program (OL001) via online you will have to contact us at 807-475-6110.
2. In Person: Register at The Hub, Shuniah Building, Confederation College. Monday to Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. VISA, MASTERCARD, American Express, Debit or Cheque.
If you have having difficulty registering online it may be due to the fact that some courses require prerequisites to be completed before registering. Please make sure that you have successfully completed the recommended prerequisite courses to avoid problems with the course materials and/or with your transcript.