Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be proficient in the following:
- Applying systemic approaches to assess select body systems that will aid in recognizing select cardiovascular, respiratory, neurological, renal/hepatic and gastrointestinal disorders
- Developing nursing assessments, care plans and treatments related to actual or potential client needs.
- Assisting in the maintenance of optimal airway patency and circulation integrity by applying various therapeutic measures and operating specialised medical equipment safely and appropriately by practicing in a simulated environment.
- Collaborating with the client, family and other members of the health care team in planning care for admission through to rehabilitation and/or palliation.
- Implementing strategies to promote and support a healthy and safe work environment in critical care settings.
- Providing nursing care in compliance with the governing nursing-related legislation, regulations and professional standards, in addition to organizational policies, practices and procedures.