You are here

Study Permits (International)


Confederation College DLI #O19376986752

Confederation College is a designated learning institution (DLI) under these new regulations and is therefore eligible to receive international students. Confederation’s DLI number will be noted on your Letter of Acceptance.

Study Permits

International students will need a permit to study in Canada if their course of study is longer than six months. Before you submit a study permit application you will need:

  • A letter of acceptance from Confederation College
  • Financial proof that you can support yourself while studying at Confederation College (tuition fees and living expenses)
  • To be willing to submit to a medical exam if required

Please visit the following links for more information on applying for your study permit:

SPP (Student Partner Program) India & China

SPP is an expedited Canadian Study Permit (Visa) Process that was launched in April 2009. Confederation College was among the first colleges across Canada chosen by the Colleges and Institutes Canada and the CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) visa offices to help launch this SPP pilot program in India.

The SPP program makes it easier for serious students to obtain a Canadian study permit visa. The success of this program has also been rolled out in China. Students from these two countries must provide the following with their visa application documents:

  • Proof of English proficiency by submitting an academic IELTS (International English Language Test Score)
  • To prove they have the English level to be successful in Canada and at Confederation College, IELTS Bank Financial Endorsement: to prove their financial ability to study in Canada. This is done by getting financial endorsement/an educational bank loan, tied to their current Confederation College ‘Letter of Acceptance’
These additional steps and completed SPP forms/kits, attached to your Canadian Study Permit Application Form and marked “SPP”, allow CIC visa offices to process your Canadian Study Permit much faster than through the regular route.

Read how to qualify and apply for an SPP Canadian study permit by clicking on the appropriate link below.

  • For details and forms needed to apply, click here.

                       Confederation College DLI #O19376986752

  • For details and the forms needed to apply, click here.
  • For Students Partners Program (SPP) Application Kit & Information, click here.

                       Confederation College DLI #O19376986752

Study Permit Extension - Online

For students already in Canada studying and requiring an extension of their study permit, please contact the International Office for further assistance. Study Permit extensions must be started two months before the expiry date printed on your permit. For more information, please click here.

If you have any questions, please contact us.