The SWAC program is a program offered by Confederation College in partnership with the Rainy River District School Board. The program supports individuals in completing high school and considering postsecondary education.
WHAT IS THE SCHOOL WITHIN A COLLEGE PROGRAM?
Students can take SWAC courses with an opportunity to earn credits that count toward both a secondary school and a college diploma or certificate. SWAC courses let students experience college courses on a college campus, while achieving credits towards a high school diploma.
ARE YOU AN INDIVIDUAL WHO:
- Did not complete high school?
- Would like to complete secondary school and obtain a diploma?
- Would like to learn more about the College environment and get a head start on career preparation?
- Would you like to earn skills that can be used throughout your life?
- Would you like to explore your career opportunities?
- Would you like to learn in an adult environment?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should consider enrolling in the SWAC Program. Contact your local high school, or Confederation College to enroll.
This program is available in Fort Frances, Rainy River, and Atikokan.
WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF SWAC?
SWAC courses engage students in exposure to college programs, setting and culture, and support a smooth transition from secondary to postsecondary education. Students are provided additional choices in course selection. Evidence has shown that success in dual credit programs has provided greater likelihood of graduation success!
Contact the campus to register.