The interactive online courses in this program will focus on the developmental process, understanding psychiatric disorders and associated behaviours, risk factors and triggers, the identification of behaviours and symptoms, family relationships and intervention and prevention strategies. This program is designed for busy professionals and parents who are currently working with infant, child and adolescent populations with potential mental health challenges.
- Gain the relevant knowledge and skills to effectively work with infants, children or adolescent with complicated psychiatric disorders
- Examine cognitive and behavioural signs and symptoms and their continuous effect and influence on the behaviour and mental health of the infant, child and adolescent
- Develop and implement basic strategies to effectively manage the common symptoms of mental health conditions seen in infant, child and adolescent populations
- Understand the stages of growth and development as well as basic needs for infants, children and adolescents with an emphasis on the critical periods in personality development
- Explain preventative measures that promote the mental health and well-being of children and youth in their communities
Professionals who may benefit from this program include Health and Human Service providers:
- Early Childhood Educators
- Educational Support
- Fitness and Health Promotion Professionals
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Physiotherapist Assistants
- Personal Support Workers
- Registered Practical Nurses
- Registered Nurses
You will have five years to complete this program.
This program is designed for busy professionals and parents who are currently working with infant, child and adolescent populations with potential mental health challenges.