The Office of Applied Research works with educational institutions, government, industry, entrepreneurs, and community partners on practical applied research relevant to the region. Applied R&D will be supported by our system of collecting, and reporting information and knowledge. Through a dedication to research and innovative activities, we help promote community and economic development, improve educational program quality and delivery, enhance students’ learning experience, and foster professional development of faculty and staff.
Applied Research benefits Confederation College and the surrounding community by helping:
- Students - gain real world, hands on experience and skills while developing problem solving abilities
- Faculty - enrich professional knowledge and skills to help improve program delivery and quality
- Partners - meet a need or solve a problem to improve economic development
- Locating and securing funding support for research activities for both Partners and Faculty
- Administrative services for grant applications and research contracts
- Developing research policies in adherence to research ethics, intellectual property, and commercialization, and making sure these policies are observed
- Promoting the research capability of Confederation College to external partners and funding agencies
- To view a list of resources available at Confederation College please take a look at the Technical Resources Catalogue
- To view a list of opportunities please view Opportunities For Student Participation in Applied Research
How to Work with Us
If you would like more information on becoming a partner, please continue to our Partner Page.
If you are a faculty member and have an idea for a research project, please continue to our Faculty Page.