You are here

FAQ's (Advancement)

donate nowQ. How can I make a donation to Confederation College?

A. There are many ways to give. Please choose the method that is most convenient from the chart below.

  • Cheque
    Please make your cheque payable to Confederation College and mail to:
    Confederation College
    Department of Advancement 
    P.O. Box 398, 1450 Nakina Drive
    Thunder Bay, ON Canada P7C 4W1

    Should you so desire, please indicate how you would like to have your donation allocated.

  • Credit Card
    Please click Donate Now for our secure link. Should you wish to speak directly to our staff, please feel free to call the office during business hours (8:30 am to 4:30 pm EST) at (807) 475-6460, or toll free 1-888-845-7735 to process your donation.

    If you wish to make a recurring gift or pledge by credit card payments, please use the following pledge form.

    Downloadable Pledge Form (pdf) …

  • Online Giving
    This option allows you to use your credit card to give immediately and safely in a secure manner: Online Giving
  • Pledge
    Payable in increments that are convenient for you, a pledge can easily be arranged so that your donation occurs over a period of time. Your post-dated cheques or credit card payments will be processed as indicated by you on your pledge form.

    Downloadable Pledge Form (pdf) …

Q. Will I receive a receipt for my gift/pledge to Confederation College?

A. YES!  Confederation College is a registered charitable organization. Tax receipts will be issued for all donations over $20.00 and will be mailed out within 2 weeks of the received date. For recurring gifts ( eg processed monthly) receipts will be mailed at the end of the calendar year.

Q. How may I update my donor information with you? 

A. If you would like to update your name, address, email, phone number or if you would like to update your credit card information for your recurring gift then please contact the Advancement office at: (807) 475-6460, or 1-888-845-7735  or send an email to

Q. Can  I specify which area of the College that I would like my donation to support?

A. Yes, there are many ways which you may choose to designate your donation. Your gift may be used to set up an award or scholarship with criteria set by you; used for one of our vital capital projects; or designated for operating costs or equipment within a specific school or program.  

Q. Will Confederation College send out acknowledgement cards to the family when I give a gift in honour or in memory of an individual?

A. Yes. We have many donors who give donations in honor or in memory of an individual, or to celebrate a special occasion. When you make such a gift, a card with your message will be sent out to the individual (or the family of ) that it is a tribute for so that they are aware of your generous donation. We do not reveal the amount of the donation with the card, in respect for the privacy of our donors this information is kept confidential.

Q. I already pay for my child’s tuition. Why should I donate to Confederation College?

A. On average, the actual cost for a student to attend Confederation College is far more than the actual tuition fee. Your gift helps to fund projects that would otherwise not be financially possible. This may include program equipment, facilities and resources that are used by the communities which we serve. Your gift to Confederation College has an impact far beyond that of supporting our current students; your gift impacts our local, regional and global communities.

Q. How can I leave a gift in my will or other planned gift?

A. There are many options that our development staff would be pleased to discuss with you, and you should always consult with your financial advisor to discover the giving vehicle that is most appropriate to your individual circumstances. In the meantime, to give an idea of how easy leaving a legacy can be, please see our section on Gifts for Tomorrow.

Charitable Registration Number 106966427 RR0002