Confederation College is committed to providing academic accommodations to students who have permanent and temporary disabilities that could affect their academic performance.
The needs of each student are unique; therefore, documentation outlining the functional limitations of a permanent or temporary disability is required. Students may request interim accommodations for disabilities pending receipt of documentation.
All disability documentation will be secured in the office of Student Accessibility Services (SAS) and will not be released to others without your written consent in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA).
Our qualified staff can:
- work with you to develop an Accommodation Plan (AP) or a Field Placement Accommodation Plan listing the accommodations for which you are eligible
- help you develop strategies for success
- provide ongoing monitoring and support
- help you access alternate format textbooks and resources
- recommend and train you on assistive technology
- help you access the Bursary for Students with Disabilities (BSWD) to assist with disability related purchases
- set up test accommodations and note takers
- provide information about the identification process if you suspect you have a disability
It is important to recognize that provision of services is a shared responsibility between students, faculty, administration, and Student Accessibility Services. This relationship is based on respect of individual rights and the dignity of the individual, and the College community’s shared commitment to an open, supportive learning environment.
Use of SAS, including accommodations, is strictly voluntary. All students are considered to be independent adults and it is ultimately the student’s decision and responsibility to access services through SAS.
If you have a disability, we recommend that you contact us as early as possible after acceptance to a course or program.
Click the following links for a step-by-step guide for accessing our services:
For more information, please contact our reception desk at (807) 475-6618 or email email@example.com.